Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Where shall I go on holiday this year?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
A 7 day Norwegian cruise,3 stops 3 chances of a giant halibut whilst she gets her hair done,sorted.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
The Algarve. Avoid Albufeira.
Beaches, bars, restaurants, bike rentals, boat trips. Not expensive at all by Western European standards. Personally, I love Vilamoura (that's why I live here) but there are other more "authentic" beach towns.
Avoid July and August.
Lovely place If I was a golfer possibly heaven
But I know not if the courses are de rigour ?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Butlins at Bognor

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Have we sorted him out yet?

Paris in the spring time?

1679863819974.png

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We have got an AirB+B in Sennan Cove again. I'd never go abroad with kids. Last year it was record temperatures ❤️ so this year it will be pissing it down for sure. At least I'll be able to watch our Champions' League qualifies on the telly in peace.

Of the recommendations....I don't like crowds. I've done many package holidays and enjoyed them, but staying in an isolated hotel in Croatia (Poric) was lovely (you must have a car - we flew to Turin and hired one there), but further south, across the water to Kefalonia, was better. How many songs has "Open your eyes" been pasted into, I wonder?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Northumberland followed by the Lake District once the schools go back
Looking like Newcastle away rearranged for mid May, so I'm hoping to do exactly that.

Absolutely marvellous scenes!

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Thought of a gentle cruise down to Northern Spain but health issues preclude that at the moment. Going for a week in Belfast instead. Have tried Eire (Killarney and Dublin) in the past. Mrs is excited about it. Looking forward to the Titanic and Crumlin Road Gaol.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just en route back from Thailand…….lovely country with fabulous people. Loads to see and do, and not expensive once you’re there.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Short haul - Gothenburg, Sweden or Bologna, Italy

Long haul - Salvador, Brazil or Cartagena, Colombia

Domestic - Northumberland or Highlands and Islands
Bologna is a great call. Much underrated medieval city (feat. thousand year old university) and a glorious foodie heaven. Much-neglected ancient artworks just left to basically/criminally rot on outdoor walls. Oh, and for purposes of football tourism, a very decent Serie A team. Smashing place. And if that's not enough to float yer boat, Florence is a 40 minute train journey away. These are a few of my favourite things...

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Short haul - Gothenburg, Sweden or Bologna, Italy

Long haul - Salvador, Brazil or Cartagena, Colombia

Domestic - Northumberland or Highlands and Islands
Another vote for BOlogna, especially if you like things with wheels on them, fine food and wine. Everything is within an hours drive or less

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here