Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where is this year's World's Hardest Creature thread?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If we're going for fictitious animals, baggsie Alien. Totally unbeatable - except if trapped in a small escape pod containing it, a tired, emotionally-drained and semi-naked person, and a small cat. Oh.

Honestly, its a huge can of worms. I think fictitious animals / creatures would really need an entirely separate competition of their own.

Even the mighty mantis shrimp is going to struggle against GODZILLA or somesuch beast.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
If this is a nominations thread, I would like to nominate the TARDIGRADE

It may be small and lack offensive capabilities - but it can be boiled, frozen, radiated and even survive in space. That makes it pretty hard in my books.

content_A-water-bear-Paramacrobio-010.jpg

This is who I am backing this year.

"Earth’s most tenacious creature can live in boiling water, solid ice, and the intense radiation of space. It can survive a decade in a desert, without a drop of water to drink, or in the deepest trenches of the sea."

"Though they may be little, they are fierce! The tardigrade’s mouth is a serious weapon, its dagger-like teeth used to spear algae and even other small animals."

Now if we are doing this on a pound for pound basis, as we should, this is surely a contender.

#TeamTardigade - He'll fight you ANYWHERE!

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
This is who I am backing this year.

"Earth’s most tenacious creature can live in boiling water, solid ice, and the intense radiation of space. It can survive a decade in a desert, without a drop of water to drink, or in the deepest trenches of the sea."

That is all pretty incredible! But how the hell did that evolve to be able to do that!!

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Honestly, its a huge can of worms. I think fictitious animals / creatures would really need an entirely separate competition of their own.

Even the mighty mantis shrimp is going to struggle against GODZILLA or somesuch beast.
The Honey Badger would take him.

Even I have to admit that he'd probably have an issue against Cthulhu though...

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
Why so much butthurt from the Badger fans? The Mantis only employed the very same tactics that the Badger always has. Its a very open secret here. Outplayed at your own game :tantrum:

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Why so much butthurt from the Badger fans? The Mantis only employed the very same tactics that the Badger always has. Its a very open secret here. Outplayed at your own game :tantrum:
So you agree that the Shrimp won through dishonest means? I don't recall the Badger ever doing the same, if it had I don't think it would have lost last year...

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I said nothing about dishonesty. Only that the tactics are exactly the same both sides of the fence. :thumbsup:

Dodgy tactics may have been used on both sides, but only one side had moderators, the board owner and the organiser of the competition, who, I note, has referred to the proud ratel as a 'cack-badger' in one of the previous year's nomination threads.

Before this year's competition goes ahead, perhaps those in positions of power should declare an interest and gracefully abstain?
Then again, how much fun would the WHCC be without endless accusations and counter allegations of courruption and conspiracy?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

I agree, no mantis shrimp is going to have a chance up against a vermicious knid.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not unlike the FIFA presidency election, the result is decided long before the competition begins. Honey Badger, Cassowary and other big names need to boycott before anything can be done to change the game from the top down.

The Spain pre-2008 team is the PERFECT analogy for the HB. Everyone knew they were the best footballing team, they just needed one time to tip them over the edge into folklore.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Dodgy tactics may have been used on both sides, but only one side had moderators, the board owner and the organiser of the competition, who, I note, has referred to the proud ratel as a 'cack-badger' in one of the previous year's nomination threads.

Before this year's competition goes ahead, perhaps those in positions of power should declare an interest and gracefully abstain?
Then again, how much fun would the WHCC be without endless accusations and counter allegations of courruption and conspiracy?

Well said that man.

I fear we'll never see a truly honest WHCC as there's a very real chance the Honey Badger will win it which would upset the established order.

That's right, the HB is both a front-runner and a plucky underdog (underbadger?) at the same time.

Last edited:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Komodo Dragon for me. that nasty bacteria that lives in its mouth and saliva is probably its best armour because even if you escape its initial attack, you're going to die.
A bit like listening to the analysis on the BBC Football League Show :D

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The Spain pre-2008 team is the PERFECT analogy for the HB. Everyone knew they were the best footballing team, they just needed one time to tip them over the edge into folklore.

Perennial nearly man.
Looks NICE though.
Cuddly

#Henman
#ComeOnTim

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
Team Killer Whale here :guns:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Perennial nearly man.
Looks NICE though.
Cuddly

#Henman
#ComeOnTim

First they came for cassowary and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a cassowary.
Then they came for the honey badgers and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a honey badger.
Then they would have come for me, but they couldn't because honey badger had taken their faces off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here