Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Where is the first place you will go when this lockdown is over ?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Pub

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Probably pop on a plane over to Ireland and see my dad. Bordering on elderly (69 years old), living alone completely isolated in a rural community.

Good God....69....' bordering on elderly '......There are plenty of mid to late sixtysomethings who are extremely active, working hard, running businesses etc. Try telling Rod Stewart ( 75 ) Mick Jagger ( 76 ) Richard Gere ( 70 ) Tom Jones ( 79 ) and Elton John ( 73 ) that and there would be laughs aplenty.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
The city centre celebration. It will be our generations’ VE Day equivalent hopefully, unbridled joy, a sense of freedom after the lockdown, an appreciation of what we took for granted. I will not belittle the sacrifices of those who saw the two great wars by saying that what we will/might see compares in anyway. But the party? To a number of generations, mine included, who have never known that kind of prolonged strife and removal of personal liberties it will be a day to revel in, and to remember. I hope that day comes to us all as soon as is possible, but an early spring day in warm sunshine would be perfect. I think I have more chance of the timing than most of you :lol:

D

Deleted member 22389

Go and see my mum properly, then after I will walk around a supermarket. I know it's sounds bloody stupid, but the thought of having to go in any supermarkets large or small at the moment fill me with dread.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
There is a perception among some that there will be a 'definite end' to all this like the curtain being raised on a new day and we just restart where we were a few weeks ago , personally I hope it becomes a wake up call to how we treat the world and its resources.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
I'm going to take "family" as read, so once that's done then the Bluebell Railway. Never realised how much I'd miss going there until I couldn't.

Spa Valley Railway will be high on my list, went there at the beginning of the month for what I didn't realise at the time would be mine and my sons last day out with friends for a while.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The city centre celebration. It will be our generations’ VE Day equivalent hopefully, unbridled joy, a sense of freedom after the lockdown, an appreciation of what we took for granted. I will not belittle the sacrifices of those who saw the two great wars by saying that what we will/might see compares in anyway. But the party? To a number of generations, mine included, who have never known that kind of prolonged strife and removal of personal liberties it will be a day to revel in, and to remember. I hope that day comes to us all as soon as is possible, but an early spring day in warm sunshine would be perfect. I think I have more chance of the timing than most of you :lol:

Well, that depends WHICH spring, doesn't it?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Wherever I want!!!!!!!

It will be nice just not to have to think about it.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
If my boss has his way the first place I'll be going is back to work.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Y Llew Coch, Dinas Mawddwy - It's the hub of our community and is being missed by many. I have enjoyed a take away :)

View attachment 121577

That view :love: I could drink for hrs, days with that view... Cheers :cheers:

It's views like that, that me want to up sticks from the SE and move to somewhere remote.

For me it will be a pub with friends, or see family.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here