Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Where is the first place you will go when this lockdown is over ?

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
That view :love: I could drink for hrs, days with that view... Cheers :cheers:

It's views like that, that me want to up sticks from the SE and move to somewhere remote.

For me it will be a pub with friends, or see family.

Yeah, it's pretty good, it's definitely what sold us the house.... To be honest, that's exactly what we thought. As mentioned earlier in the thread, I was losing my mum to dementia (other half had lost her mum to cancer a year or so earlier), mum had brought me up on her own, scrimped and saved, forever frugal, retired with a nice little pot, got dementia and was slowly drifting away, lasted about 6 years from finishing work, never really enjoyed a penny of her spoils. We looked at out lives and wondered WTF are we doing working our backsides off , spending time away from home on business, living to work so to speak. Though f*** this and decided to move somewhere very remote. My advice to anyone would be that if you can, follow your dreams, make the break :)

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Yeah, it's pretty good, it's definitely what sold us the house.... To be honest, that's exactly what we thought. As mentioned earlier in the thread, I was losing my mum to dementia (other half had lost her mum to cancer a year or so earlier), mum had brought me up on her own, scrimped and saved, forever frugal, retired with a nice little pot, got dementia and was slowly drifting away, lasted about 6 years from finishing work, never really enjoyed a penny of her spoils. We looked at out lives and wondered WTF are we doing working our backsides off , spending time away from home on business, living to work so to speak. Though f*** this and decided to move somewhere very remote. My advice to anyone would be that if you can, follow your dreams, make the break :)

Sorry for your loss. I fully agree with the sentiment. Since working in central London i have realised that i do not not like the hustle and bustle anymore. Unfortunately i do still need to work however if i can wangle working remotely i would love to move to somewhere like you have... however as a compromise i would like somewhere in the middle of the south downs.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
to see my 2 boys. My Ex is high risk, and as I work at PRH hospital it really isn't a good idea going around.

Cant bloody wait to cuddle those 2, even if one is 6ft 4 !

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Feel your pain 😟

Thank you. It is a tad difficult and like everyone back in the UK, good days and not so good days.

However a huge plus is that my children are actually phoning me which is a massive boost.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Head to Brighton to see my 97 year old mother, daughter, sister and her family.

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
1st Go to see my B/F
2nd Book my trip to NZ to see my daughter
3rd Would like to go to the AMEX

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Approximately 12 inches down from my girlfriends' belly button:D

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I shall be heading to the John Selden to raise a glass for My friend who sadly passed away from this dreadful virus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here