Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where is the best place to go for a decent Roast in or arounf Brighton area?

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
My old Mucker and famous tipster, the HAILSHAM SEAGULL, informs me he always receives a most satisfying roast at the Dukes Mound on Madeira Drive whenever he goes down there.
He told me that the service is perhaps a little hurried, and that they can be a little heavy on the mayo :(, but that the portions were of a good size and that essentially he's usually left gagging for more. He's a regular there and it does get busy apparently, but being the sort of bloke he is......he'll always be welcome, and ask him nicely, he'll take you in the backdoor if he takes a shine to you .

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
My old Mucker and famous tipster, the HAILSHAM SEAGULL, informs me he always receives a most satisfying roast at the Dukes Mound on Madeira Drive whenever he goes down there.
He told me that the service is perhaps a little hurried, and that they can be a little heavy on the mayo :(, but that the portions were of a good size and that essentially he's usually left gagging for more. He's a regular there and it does get busy apparently, but being the sort of bloke he is......he'll always be welcome, and ask him nicely, he'll take you in the backdoor if he takes a shine to you .

LOL, very funny ya git.
Being a Hailsham Chap, I wouldnt know about Dukes Mound...I looked it up on Google and found out that it is a meeting place for Scottish bricklayers drinking White Lightening and eating deep fried Mars bars before looking for business.

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
LOL, very funny ya git.
Being a Hailsham Chap, I wouldnt know about Dukes Mound...I looked it up on Google and found out that it is a meeting place for Scottish bricklayers drinking White Lightening and eating deep fried Mars bars before looking for business.

'....".Looked it up on the internet" YEA,RIGHT

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The best roast without doubt, was the one my wife brought me this evening, roast pork with crackling, cauliflower cheese, green beans, carrotts, brocolli, mashed swede, sprouts and of course crispy roast potatoes all with thick gravy and apple sauce. Diet went out of the window for this evening. All cooked to perfection by her, absolutely marvellous.

Adders1

Jan 14, 2013
The best roast without doubt, was the one my wife brought me this evening, roast pork with crackling, cauliflower cheese, green beans, carrotts, brocolli, mashed swede, sprouts and of course crispy roast potatoes all with thick gravy and apple sauce. Diet went out of the window for this evening. All cooked to perfection by her, absolutely marvellous.

How much does she charge ;-)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here