Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where is Stephen Ward????

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
With Ward signed we now have a back 5 which should be very capable at this level. Add to that Ince and Toko we should have a solid foundation to build on. Add a winger and couple of strikers and we have a decent team.

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
Not correct because we wont sign a winger SH doesnt want them he is getting rid Lua will be next either sold or played in another position.

Well that's just not true. Sami seems to use his wide players as inside forwards. Although I half sense that this was because of the players available. Lua lua a right footed left winger. March a left footed right winger. Buckley wanting to leave. Fenelon still with some development needed.

Anyway a debate for another day. Let's enjoy Ward's return.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Well that's just not true. Sami seems to use his wide players as inside forwards. Although I half sense that this was because of the players available. Lua lua a right footed left winger. March a left footed right winger. Buckley wanting to leave. Fenelon still with some development needed.

The buckley's and lua lua's are not whats required!!!
Solly march is the type of players we need,but with more experience naturally.Players with a brain and a good technical ability are required.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Is that not due to the options available. For me Lua Lua was wasted in central midfield an experiment that failed he is only of use as a wide man for 25 mins at the end of a game.against a tiring defence.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
No one on the Wing?

I think Lualua will make a rather good inside forward/ second striker. The nearer the opposing goal the better! I think he could solve our striker problem.

He laid on the pass to Macca (left-footed finish) from a more central position.

And against Wednesday was sent clear by O'Grady in a move I don't think Ulloa could have done. Only an outstanding stop by Westwood prevented a goal from Lualua in the first half.

I am strongly in favour of the one winger 4-3-3. Not the wingless wonders.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Assists this season:

Lualua 1
Calderon 1

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
We certainly are pal....need quality midfielders and strikers.
Ward is average and will do a good job im sure,lets not get carried away with him even though he's defo needed.

Personally, I thought he was our player of the season last year, glad he's back

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
With Ward signed we now have a back 5 which should be very capable at this level. Add to that Ince and Toko we should have a solid foundation to build on. Add a winger and couple of strikers and we have a decent team.

We still need a play-maker from open play and free kicks. Even if you are happy with Forster-Caskey taking everything (and I think he is the best choice), he may get injured. Of course, we have not seen Toko yet, except for the video, which did not show him as a play-maker.

Ideally, a playmaker should be strong on the ball. Forster-Caskey (and the highly-rated Will Hughes) were not like a Jimmy Case who seemed to treat it as a personal insult if the opposition tried to get the ball from him!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I think Lualua will make a rather good inside forward/ second striker. The nearer the opposing goal the better! I think he could solve our striker problem.

He laid on the pass to Macca (left-footed finish) from a more central position.

And against Wednesday was sent clear by O'Grady in a move I don't think Ulloa could have done. Only an outstanding stop by Westwood prevented a goal from Lualua in the first half.

I am strongly in favour of the one winger 4-3-3. Not the wingless wonders.

Yep CMS is crying out for his balls to be slotted in for him like that. Twas a good goal, and well found Lua Lua.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
If the caption for that Brum Mail article is correct - i.e. that it's SW in recent pre-season training - then he's got quite a few kilogrammes of tummy to run off in extra training before Saturday!

The way Sami likes his fullbacks to get forward, he'll get rid of that by half-time ...

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Personally, I thought he was our player of the season last year, glad he's back

I have no doubt he was our best player and a goal near the end was deserving of a contract because without it we would not have made the play-offs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here