Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where is everyone going for there 2014 holiday?

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Just a lazy week in Frigiliana, a pretty little whitewashed village just outside Nerja in southern Spain for me.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Highlands at the end of April, suspect we'll do loads of camping in UK through the summer, then not plan anything and end up getting a villa in Lanzarote in Oct/Nov/Dec like we end up doing every year..... Despite (every year) coming back from Lanzarote and planning in earnest to go to Kenya, yosemite, yellowstone, South Africa before forgetting to actually do anything about it....

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Been to Valencia, at Cheddar now, going to Florida in August and probably Hamburg in October.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Nice! I lived in Taipei for nearly three years and toured round the island a couple of times. Would love to go back and see how it's changed. Maybe when the nippers are bigger.....or if the mrs leaves me......

My wife is Taiwanese so we try to go back as often as we can, although I do find it unbearably hot in the summer, but are restricted because of school term times.

I love the country, and as you say, it pays to travel around the island to see the real beauty. I am still surprised it is not a more popular tourist destination for westerners.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
My wife is Taiwanese so we try to go back as often as we can, although I do find it unbearably hot in the summer, but are restricted because of school term times.

I love the country, and as you say, it pays to travel around the island to see the real beauty. I am still surprised it is not a more popular tourist destination for westerners.

I used to play ex-pat football in that! The Saturday of one Summer Cup in Taipei it was 38C and about 100% humidity. The very few Taiwanese watching were incredulous at the stupidity of these big lumbering white men. Was only 15 mins a half with rolling subs but still an absolute killer.

Loved the island, Alishan, Toroko gorge and nice beaches / diving down south. But let's keep it to ourselves eh? :thumbsup:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Getting the car ferry to northern Spain and staying in some place in Cantabria for 10 days with another family. Just plan to drink lots of red wine and let the kids run riot in the garden/on the nearby beach.

I do need to research if Bilbao/Santander/Sociedad have got any decent pre-season friendlies though.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Bruges seems favourite at present.

I strongly recommend Antwerp if you're going to that part of the world.

Went to Seville for a week a month or so ago, lovely place - although did witness a bit of rioting prior to the Seville derby that was on in the Europa League while we were there.

Also going to Barcelona for a week in early June, and hopefully Cuba in early November.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here