Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where does that rank in Amex moments?

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
That was my favourite Amex moment Having both Zamora and Calde on the pitch at the same time makes it even more special. Just about beats Buckley for me.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Only 2 moments have made Marshy's eyes glaze over and a bit watery......

Buckleys winner on the opening day, and Sir Bobs last night.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I refer you to Calde. He knows a thing or two.
I refer you to, well, errr, you

He definitely kept us in the game with a great save. Class act.

Irrespective of Bobby and his "Two goals in two games, which had given us four more points" we weren't winning last night without the team effort.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I got my first season ticket in 1999 aged 12. He was my HERO.

I was DEVASTATED when he left but understood it.

Yesterday my footballing hero made me feel 12 again.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I guess it's a shame Bobby didn't score when he came on in the 4 drawn games.
He'd have 6 goals, we'd have 36 points and be 12 points clear at the top of the table.

Err..

Bobby didn't play at Huddersfield.

Nor did he 'come on' at Bolton. He started, set up two goals, and came off when we were still ahead.

He did come on in the other two, playing a total of 35 minutes across the two.

He now has better than a goal a game, in terms of minutes on the pitch.

Stop being an ungracious bore, and just accept you were wrong.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I have to be honest - I sit on the same side of the fence as Stat Brother..........I thought it was a fan appeasement signing and I still think you won't get a lot of minutes out of him this season. However the technique in his strike tonight was first class and if he can come on in matches and do things like that. Even if it is only one match in 3 then I will be more than happy to hold my hands up and say ''fair play to the guy' - I was wrong'' So well done Bobby long may it continue

Yes, I too was sceptical, given his age and the fact that he had not done pre-season, but if he can come on and produce those telling moments with his undoubted premiership class, then great. 90 minutes twice a week will probably be too much to ask, but he can only get fitter with more game time. Well done, Bobby.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Err..

Bobby didn't play at Huddersfield.

Nor did he 'come on' at Bolton. He started, set up two goals, and came off when we were still ahead.

He did come on in the other two, playing a total of 35 minutes across the two.

He now has better than a goal a game, in terms of minutes on the pitch.

Stop being an ungracious bore, and just accept you were wrong.
You've been lucky enough to not read all my posts on this thread.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That was my favourite Amex moment Having both Zamora and Calde on the pitch at the same time makes it even more special. Just about beats Buckley for me.

Calde wasn't on the pitch when Bobby scored so it was just brilliant to see him run across to join the celebrations in his subs bib :lol:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I have.

There are genuine humble apologies, and there are bensgrandad apologies.
That's because I'm still not 'all in' on Bobby.

I can't wait to shout how loud wrong I was, but with this massively important chunk of games approaching I would still like to see more than 2, albeit beautiful goals, as we're a quarter of the way through the season.

As said if Bobby's season started last Saturday then brilliant, who gives a fook about August Sept, and half of October.
But he ought to be a little more than 15 minute cameos.
Granted not a lot more, as moments like last night more than make up for the short fall.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'm not sure anything can top Buckley's winner against Donny but dear lord that goal ran it very bloody close. Still buzzing now.

I never had any doubt that the signing of Bobby would be a success. He has energised the fan base, brought some much needed top flight experience and football nous to the club both on the pitch and at the training ground, and now he has brought MATCH-WINNING goals.

Form is temporary, class is PERMANENT!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Me too, but isn't that the very definition of 'vanity project'.

Granted it's not like the club didn't need a lift after last seasons disgusting performances.
I just feel as great as Bobby is there was no value on the pitch to his return.

Clearly and luckily that's where I'm hopefully going to be proved wrong.

I had visions of him scoring a spectacular over head kick from 30 yards v Forest and then being in traction for 8 months!!

As it stands he would appear to be handled well, the team is lucky that Baldock and Hemed have stayed fit.

The season started at the being of August and we're finally having this classic NSC conversation towards the end of October.
By early next year we'll know if Bobby was worth it, naturally tonight of course he is, but that wasn't the case up until last weekend, or else we'd already have had this chat.

I think you are/were underestimating Zamora's influence just by being back at the club. I wasn't sure his return would be good for The Albion: tail end of his career, a bit injury prone, etc., etc. I'm delighted that he is having such a positive impact and proving to be an inspired addition. His love of the club is evident. Between him and Calde, the newer players can't help but want to give 100%.

Last edited:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think the point about Zamora re-signing is that how you start a season is very, very important - and his arrival just lifted fans and a stadium on matchdays that was badly in need of it after last season. Obviously two winners and four extra points in four days is brilliant, but the value is greater and less tangible than what he does on the pitch this season and fair play to the club for realising it and pulling it off.

(posted at same time as Bwian, above!)

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
To watch Bobby now is a reminder of watching the ageing Frank Worthington at the Goldstone. Both, with a sublime left foot, like a magician's wand. Showing off that indefinable element that sets certain players apart....class. The ability, under pressure, to seem to have all the time in the world. No panic, just an inner calmness. Last night, with players around him, he had time to flick the ball up before volleying it, like a tracer bullet into the far corner. It looked simple but it wasn't. He made it look simple. Good players do.
It brought back memories of his younger days. Some of those outrageous volleys. That one moment was worth a whole season of entrance money alone. An artist among the artisans. A folk-hero returning for his swan-song and writing his own script.
I will treasure that moment last night with Buckley's winner and Vicente v Derby. One emotional, one breathtaking. I've got to say, on reflection, that I think last night was both.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I think we're all in agreement about how fantastic Bobby's goal was - but the next best moment for me last night was his clearance of the ball into the East stand when play had stopped! No timewasting 10 yard tap away from the opposition - this was full throttle! He was obviously so pumped up after the goal - I thought it was hilarious!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here