Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Where do you think we’ll finish the season?

Where do you think we’ll finish this season?

• Total voters

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
8th.

Nice to dream, but over 38 games monied clubs with an array of top class goal scorers float to the top.

I think it’s fair comment to say that having Toney upfront with our midfield/defence would have had us fighting for say 5th.
You’re as pessimistic as me.

Seriously though what 7 teams are coming above Brighton?

Just not a chance that’s happening.

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea
Tbh, above the drop is ideal, top half is outstanding. Still a lot of building work to do and, whilst absolutely loving the result, I’m probably in a minority not wishing for Europe. I’m just not sure we have the squad depth. That said, I’d be delighted to find out And may well help us hang on to some of the potential leavers for another season. I still think we are lacking a bit of depth to cope with 60 odd games a season.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Like I said on the squad thread yesterday. We just don’t have enough squad depth in terms of experience to sustain a European place this season.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The “teams who can’t catch us” thread has yet to appear. That means we still can finish bottom and shouldn’t be ruled out.

Plus we all know we’ll somehow end up below Palace.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You’re as pessimistic as me.

Seriously though what 7 teams are coming above Brighton?

Just not a chance that’s happening.
The mega (compared to Brighton) fees/wages spenders of:

ManC
Manure
Arse
Spurs … didn’t say Spuds to stay your friend :lolol:
Liverpool
Newcastle (they have spent eg Guimares, Isak, Joelinton, Gordon, Botman …. someone on nsc argues they haven’t!)
The Chavs …. they can’t keep losing forever. If not Brentford or Fulham.

Regarding the last 2 they’re more streetwise than idealists BHAFC. Brentford with their set piece obsession and Toney’s quality. Fulham with Mitrovic and their head injuries.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hopefully higher points total and position from last season and a positive goal difference or am I in la la land........

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
I don't know.
I don't care.
I didn't vote.

I just sit with a smile on my face and emotion in my body watching us perform at the best, and at the highest level I've ever seen - except for one incredible match and success many years ago.

With the best players we've ever had.

We're clear of the bottom, we may hit the top.

Sod VAR, sod referees. Well done RDZ for getting a red card in the tunnel.

B0ll0cks to GPOT, B0ll0cks to the rest of his team.

Fvcking brilliant. I've been a tourist (I'll admit) at some of the best grounds and matches in Europe - nothing, just nothing compares with BHA at the moment.

Last edited:

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
The mega (compared to Brighton) fees/wages spenders of:

ManC
Manure
Arse
Spurs … didn’t say Spuds to stay your friend :lolol:
Liverpool
Newcastle (they have spent eg Guimares, Isak, Joelinton, Gordon, Botman …. someone on nsc argues they haven’t!)
The Chavs …. they can’t keep losing forever. If not Brentford or Fulham.

Regarding the last 2 they’re more streetwise than idealists BHAFC. Brentford with their set piece obsession and Toney’s quality. Fulham with Mitrovic and their head injuries.
I must admit i keep forgetting about Chelsea and Liverpool. Fair point.

Well let’s hope you’re wrong at least!

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
We have had more highs than lows but for me Europe is a very tall order. De Zerbi is no longer an unknown quantity and teams have worked out that we can be frustrated with cheating rather than going toe to toe with us. Refs will not stop it, as we have seen with Forest, Villa and Fulham

How lucky do you feel? I am a glass half empty regarding the Albion but I am still loving watching us and don’t have expectations beyond 6th to 10th though

We have scored late and picked up max points twice recently. Been mugged twice in the last two games and I feel we’ll suffer the same fate a few more times but win a few late too,
Agree with all of that. I fear 10th, but will be very happy to be proved wrong and certainly don't think we'll do worse than that. We'll still be doing very well finishing in the top half.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Christ I nearly had a heart attack. 15 mins ago booked a short break to Suffolk during Half Term then came across this thread ................thankfully returning on Fri 2nd June just in time for our FA Cup final date at Wembley on the 3rd.............phew !!:p

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Voted 8th but realistically with the distribution this season top 10 would be satisfactory

I don’t think we are Europe ready and even if we managed to get there from an outside shot, I fear we don’t have the squad depth or buying power / wage structure to not affect us massively domestically if playing Thursday / Sunday

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here