Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Where do you sell online these days?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Still eBay, got a couple of items on there now. I accept their cut, glad to recycle stuff and recover a few quid.

Mrs.W also likes Gumtree, but it's awash with scammers, we were a few clicks away from making a costly mistake.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The only reason I retain a Facebook account is the marketplace. I must be either lucky or good with spotting the scammers as not really had an issue. Loads of free stuff too, picked up a load of bricks I needed for some landscaping, I must have got ride of 2 skips worth of soil of people just coming round and bagging it up. I've listed loads of stuff for free that people have collected rather than a trip to the tip.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
I use Gumtree now after getting sick of ebay fees and postage costs. I check sold prices on ebay first though. I freegle a fair amount of stuff. My daughter has started selling clothes on Vinted.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Funny, I'd say that as a seller on FB marketplace you have to deal with a load of shysters, either asking if you'll post it (when postage would cost more than the item itself), will you deliver or arranging to pick up and never showing.

Maybe that's just Worthing though!
My Mrs. was giving something away, a lady got in touch and said she would be round at 4pm that day, she didn't show. Someone else asked for it the next day, they came when they said they would, thanked my Mrs and took it away. Next day, first Lady shows up, at 6pm, doesn't apologise for not showing 2 days ago, and asks for the item, my Mrs says sorry but someone else has been given it, and this Lady loses her shit "You gave MY item to somebody else?!?!? You can't do that, it belongs to ME as soon as you said I could have it, I want COMPENSATION, I had to get a Taxi over here, and you've given it to somebody else!"
My Mrs told her nice try, and offered to give her a slap for free if she didn't f*** off quickly.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
I have a question .is there any service or company that takes stuff off your hands and will list it for you for a cut? reason i ask is ive got loads of designer stuff that no longer fits due to weight loss. I live in NZ but am coming back to uk for xmas. Really dont want to spend half my time listing and posting stuff and would rather get rid of the whole lot . No point selling it in NZ as they wouldnt have a clue what the stuff is

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
I have a question .is there any service or company that takes stuff off your hands and will list it for you for a cut? reason i ask is ive got loads of designer stuff that no longer fits due to weight loss. I live in NZ but am coming back to uk for xmas. Really dont want to spend half my time listing and posting stuff and would rather get rid of the whole lot . No point selling it in NZ as they wouldnt have a clue what the stuff is

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here