Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Central America

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Australasia - Including Pacific Islands

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I used to live in Camden Town. I also used to enjoy the rockabilly Sunday afternoons in the Elephant's Head.

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH my local the Eles head, changing now though, Yeah Sat afternoon and night was Rockabilly and then Sunday afternoon was Rockabilly also its now ska on Sunday afternoon. You must know John the miserable landlord and Mouse the DJ or Fred west lookalike skinhead Dj :bowdown:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH my local the Eles head, changing now though, Yeah Sat afternoon and night was Rockabilly and then Sunday afternoon was Rockabilly also its now ska on Sunday afternoon. You must know John the miserable landlord and Mouse the DJ or Fred west lookalike skinhead Dj :bowdown:

It was a while back, 6 years or so, and it was one of many pubs I used to frequent when I lived there so I didnt get to really know anyone BUT Sunday's were ace..bit of ska going on back then as well. I recall two skinhead DJs who mixed records with a bakelite phone. It really was (and probably still is) an excellent pub.

How's it changing?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
It was a while back, 6 years or so, and it was one of many pubs I used to frequent when I lived there so I didnt get to really know anyone BUT Sunday's were ace..bit of ska going on back then as well. I recall two skinhead DJs who mixed records with a bakelite phone. It really was (and probably still is) an excellent pub.

How's it changing?

Islington indie pretty boys, amy winehouse slappers everywhere keep coming in and taking the piss, and the landlord wants a better look to the pub, then rockabillys/psychobillys/ punks and skinheads snorting up in the bogs and picking fights with indie boys. Big fight there a few months ago between skinheads and islington pretty boys who took the piss outta a lone skinhead.....Wrong
Good pub on its night though.
Met the wife, who worked the door at the firkin/carnarvon castle pub thats burnt down now. Cheers and Beers Herr Tubthumper

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Islington indie pretty boys, amy winehouse slappers everywhere keep coming in and taking the piss, and the landlord wants a better look to the pub, then rockabillys/psychobillys/ punks and skinheads snorting up in the bogs and picking fights with indie boys. Big fight there a few months ago between skinheads and islington pretty boys who took the piss outta a lone skinhead.....Wrong
Good pub on its night though.
Met the wife, who worked the door at the firkin/carnarvon castle pub thats burnt down now. Cheers and Beers Herr Tubthumper

Sounds like it has changed a bit, shame. I remember the Firkin. I used to love a place called The Engine Room a bit further up the road. Then that Vince Power bloke bought it and turned it into Bartok...... which could not be any more different to the place it replaced.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
What it says on the tin....
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
<-------

Seecider

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset. Left Brighton 45 years ago. Now live in the local ward constituency of none other than David Bellotti ! Means I am able to vote against him at every local election and marshall family and neighbours to do the same. Any other NSCers have this dubious privilege ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here