Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where do you live: East or West Sussex?

Where do you live: east side or west side?

• East east east Sussex

Votes: 123 39.7%
  • West west west Sussex

Votes: 128 41.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 59 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I lived in East Sussex for about 11 years, then West Sussex for about 8 years - without moving house.

Now neither.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Lived in Brighton for 45 years now live in shoreham. When I'm asked where I live I say Sussex. Not East or West just Sussex.

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton
I moved further West (from Ashurstwood to Forest Row) and went from West Sussex to East Sussex. Think East is better, anywhere with East Grinstead in it is a bit naff.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Since we are about to witness a major upheaval in the benefit system, it might be worth finding out which Poor Law Union covers your area. I live in what was the smallest Poor Law Union in the country and the workhouse is still standing just half a mile down our road.

The West Firle Union supported the paupers of Alciston, Berwick, Beddingham, Chalvington, Glynde, Ripe, Selmeston and West Firle. It built the workhouse in 1835 and merged with the Chailey and Lewes Unions in 1898. When the workhouse opened, the Union collected £1 5s per head of population per year to keep the paupers in a lifestyle that today we can only envy.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yep,unfortunately there is not much left of it these days.

Very true. I always remember Bramber for a rather peculiar local museum, long since closed. I was taken there several times by my parents many many years ago. It had a stuffed two headed cat on display. Gave me nightmares for years.

Can anyone else remember that? I'm probably going back to the early/mid 1960's.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I used to live in Lewes Lewes Lewes
then I moved to Brighton Brighton Brighton
now I live in Shoreham Shoreham Shoreham
Shoreham by the Sea Sea Sea
Whoooaaaoooh, Whoooaaaoooh

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Very true. I always remember Bramber for a rather peculiar local museum, long since closed. I was taken there several times by my parents many many years ago. It had a stuffed two headed cat on display. Gave me nightmares for years.

Can anyone else remember that? I'm probably going back to the early/mid 1960's.

Yes, I remember it.

I'm a complete mixture of West and East. I was born in Southlands in Shoreham (West), but my parents lived in Hove at the time (East). My mother is from East Sussex and my father is from West Sussex.
I just say I'm from Sussex.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
c871f05055c9be4905e806f7daa9286f.jpg

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Interesting, following the "which is best?" thread, to see what the geographical distribution of NSC users is across East & West Sussex (or elsewhere).

Over to you...

Grew up in Bexhill and Hastings, also have had family in Chichester and Crawley.
Always had a fondness for the East, but always fond memories of West Sussex.
I see East Sussex pebble county and West Sussex sand county.
Will eventually retire to Sussex. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here