where do we want to be in 10 years time?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

barney

Jul 31, 2006
a lot can happen in ten years.. falmer, promotion, relegation, new owner.. who knows.

where do we want to be?

do we want to be in the premiership, finishing fourth in the league and therefore entering the "champions league" and having words like "breathtaking, sensational" being banded around by andy gray and co on sky sports super duper ruddy bumber sunday.

no youth academy of any value as the players we bring through are 16 years olds from africa and eastern europe costing £5 million quid each, paid for by the new owner from Dubai backing us with his dirty oil money.

do we want to be in a new 80,000 all seater, selling pies for 4 quid and a pint for 5 quid. selling out every week and having our season ticket holders coming down from manchester and all over london? whilst brighton shirts are spotted everywhere in asia, africa, america with the latest superstars name on the back.

playing football like you've never seen with flair and brazilians all over the show. wondergoals and scintillating football every week?

would you like to be going to places like old trafford, emirates, stamford bridge every week where the fans are as plastic as all the "new wave" brighton fans who can barely name the starting eleven, let alone give a brief overview of the clubs history? you can hear a pin drop in the stadiums and can't see the game because the flash on all the cameras blind you.

or do we want to be fighting in the football leagues with the likes of scunthorpe and tranmere? half filling falmer every week and struggling to stay afloat as more and more money pour into the game, corrupting it further?

promotion and all the joy that comes with it followed by a year getting hammered every game in the championship? whining every week because our midfield is anonymous and our defenders hoof the ball?

bringing in loan players in the summer because the owner doesn't have the money to go wild in the market like others? but bringing in an exciting prospect every few years from the academy and having a few local lads in the team?

having a good weekend away at the likes of palace and leeds where the passion and rivalry create an atmosphere. having to defend supporting brighton to the clueless muppets who ask who your "premiership" team is?

i have been pondering this, and as much as i'd love to see brighton succeed and be the best team about, i don't know if i'd want all that comes with that.

i think i'd prefer a train journey up to some horrible northern town, ten pints, a bit of an atmosphere and a quality weekend out.

what does nsc think?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
In ten years time the Champions League will no doubt have evolved into a full-on European League. Would expect the Albion to be reasonably placed in the top tier of the domestic game with maybe the odd UEFA cup qualification.

Jimmy Grimble

The Championship will soon become the Premier League Two.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Happily retired.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I'd love us to be a good Premier league club pushing for Champoins league football but it's just not going to happen, The best we can hope for is having some financial backing to be a good Champoinship team and maybe have an occasional brief stay in the Premier league.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports