Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where did the flags and banners go?

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
By the way did we establish in the last few pages of this thread where the flags and banners went?

The guy that brings them down lives in Manchester and wouldn't have got home that night so had to miss it due to the time change.

Keyser Söze

Jul 21, 2010
So the poor bastard has to carry all those banners and flags down every other saturday? Can't fault his dedication I suppose but can't one of the more local ultra-fans look after them for him?

bullshit detector

Back in the garage
Nov 18, 2003
Messasge to the NSK :
1) What you are doing is great, keep it up.
2) Log in to NSC once very few months, just for a brief look, then forget all about it again. Above all don't base any actions or thoughts about the Albion on the stuff you read on here. Do what you want, when you want to do it.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
What a bunch of awful ***** some people on here are. For my whole life, THE best thing about being an Albion supporter has been the camaraderie and never say die attitude of the supporters. Now people are bullying other supporters because they dare hang flags and sing songs. FFS. Some of you should be ashamed- go and 'support' Reading you miserable bastards.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I have no issue at all this. I just dont undertstand the reasoning of giving yourselves a "trendy tag line". Why not just be a bunch of Albion Fans? For the record the new Whoa Whoa Whoa song should be put to bed because Palace wiped the floor with us with their version- it has never taken off and all people do is merrily clap along to it.

Agree with the palace song, should be replaced with the "praise you" song it's so much better. But so what if they want a trendy tag line?
Aiming this at the moaners now:
We don't all have to be scarf fans, if some want banners and a fan group, let them. I love the banners as I've said. Go to Ajax ground and the colour and banners are amazing. Some of British football is still stuck in the bovril and bobble hat era. Times change, the NSK wanna make noise and inject a bit of passion. I can't see any wrong in that.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
What a bunch of awful ***** some people on here are. For my whole life, THE best thing about being an Albion supporter has been the camaraderie and never say die attitude of the supporters. Now people are bullying other supporters because they dare hang flags and sing songs. FFS. Some of you should be ashamed- go and 'support' Reading you miserable bastards.
Agreed. Although I reckon that most of the people who are being negative are on a wind up or just generally miserable

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one

So this!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i am shaking my head in disbelief at some of the twaddle on here.......banners, flags and noise at a football stadium....!!?? what on earth is the world coming to.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
I have no problem with NSK really I just wish they would stop there bleating and hard done by act, and constan seaking for approval.

please direct me to some of this on NSC. I've only ever seen 'bleating' and moaning against them, be interested to see the other side.

Sep 19, 2011
Cuckfield

I really don't think they are getting "bullied" because they hang up flags and the like. It's the uber-fan mentality that they seem to give off (whether intentional or not) that seems to wind up a lot of people. You only have to look at the first few pages of the thread to see that with comments about how much they've spent on getting flags together and stuff and previously how because they started a new song they are the worlds greatest fans

I think the banners are great, but can't stand that Palace song. It's good that they are trying to create an atmosphere, but at the minute it is somewhat like flogging a dead horse - especially when the one new song they have come up with is dividing opinion so much to the point where I doubt it will ever properly get going around the ground. And for all the dedication to the club they have apparently shown, you would think that with a little bit of organisation the flags and banners could have been left with someone else to get them up on Saturday. You couldn't see St Pauli having that sort of problem or even Palace

South Coast Eagle

Oct 2, 2009
As a few on here have mentioned, the Holmesdale Fanatics were abused left, right & centre by some of our core support, usually older fans who believe that the words Ultra & Fanatics automatically means spotty oiks looking for a scrap. The HF have now been widely accepted & have received plaudits from a wide contingency of fans for the colour & the atmosphere they bring home & away.

What will help your Ultras chants will be experience & thinking a little more 'outside the box' with some originality & tweaking of words that actually fit the songs they are adapting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here