Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where art thou signings?

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
:smile:
I have been working in a school for the last 2 days, maybe one you went to.
I went to Meeching and Tideway (as they were called at the time, I know they've both changed name in the meantime).
Finished at Tideway just before they finished rebuilding it after the fire, so I don't think there's much there I'd recognise now.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I went to Meeching and Tideway (as they were called at the time, I know they've both changed name in the meantime).
Finished at Tideway just before they finished rebuilding it after the fire, so I don't think there's much there I'd recognise now.
It was Tideway now Seahaven, I was told the sports hall and changing rooms are original.
My wife went to Meeching and Tideway.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I need cheering up with 2 more signings. Are we or are we not? Bring on the chronic abuse lol

This might cheer you up. Made me giggle at least.

Screenshot_20230818-163922~2.png

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A bit of a damp squid after the more high profile players we've been linked to.
A damp squid you say? ???

I have found that they are normally damp.

Unlike my crispy whizzing squibs. :wink:

(what's the betting tomorrow's wordle is one or the other?)

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Actually, it would be ‘Where art ye signings?’.
Some etymologists argue that ye is often an old spelling of 'the' and the y is equivalent to th. Whilst sometimes it refers to plural and it's pronunciation may have been closer to ge. Of course the English language is is Mish mash of many different languages and regional dialects and standardisation was a slow and haphazard process. It was popularised in the Victorian era to make things sound old and then is pronounced ye.
And yes I am calm we'll make the right signings but impatiently checking the internet every couple of hours.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Some etymologists argue that ye is often an old spelling of 'the' and the y is equivalent to th. Whilst sometimes it refers to plural and it's pronunciation may have been closer to ge. Of course the English language is is Mish mash of many different languages and regional dialects and standardisation was a slow and haphazard process. It was popularised in the Victorian era to make things sound old and then is pronounced ye.
And yes I am calm we'll make the right signings but impatiently checking the internet every couple of hours.
Actually the "y" in "ye" was because printers would use "y" in place of the letter thorn þ because they often wouldn't have a block for thorn, since most sets just covered the Latin alphabet. So the used y as they considered it to be closest.

Thorn was eventually replaced in English with the digraph "th" so þe, was printed as "ye" and eventually replaced by "the"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here