Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where area might England play in the World Cup 2006 ?

brighton

Jan 11, 2005
Im only asking as the tickets go on sale soon and its a bit pot luck whether you can gamble on England playing in a certain stadium (oh and i know weve still got to qualify). Although with alot of England fans being morons im not sure whether i wont to see them anyway !

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There is no way of knowing where England will play yet, but you could do worse than base yourself somewhere like Cologne which is in easy reach of half of the cities hosting matches.

That way you stand a reasonable chance of getting a ticket somehow or, alternatively, go to the city without a ticket and watch it in a bar / park.

My experience this summer of watch England v Switzerland in Coimbra with 3,000 other England fans in a hangar by the river is one of the best football experiences I've ever had, so as long as you're in the same city as England are playing in you can't really lose.

Caravan Club

Jul 28, 2004
Tunbridge Wellsb
There is a new rule at WC2006 that no country will play more than two group stage games in the same stadium. If you look at the information on the FIFA web site the locations of the stadia in Germany are extremely spread out.
So it really is pot luck I'm afraid.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
When do the tickets go on Sale. I am completely disorganised on this one at the moment.

As Pavillionaire says, you could do worse than Cologne. I doubt we will be anywhere near Munich

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
February 1st, I believe.

brighton

Jan 11, 2005
I went to France in 2002 and followed England about never getting in to the ground, was good for the Rumania game but was crap in Lille to many England Dicks. So im gonna gamble on getting a ticket, just trying to better my odds i suppose.

brighton

Jan 11, 2005
Re: Re: Where area might England play in the World Cup 2006 ?

Uncle Buck said:
Why? Please explain?

Have you been following the national team abroad, do you have proof on this matter?

I presume your joking ?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Here we go....

A full year and a half before the town squares of Germany get trashed by a bunch of apes...sorry, I meant to say, before the World Cup 2006 kicks off and ALREADY England fans/foreign policemen/all foreigners are all thugs/guilty/angels (delete where appropriate).

I'm going to be in Germany next year. But I'll be keeping away from the knuckle-dragging No Surrenderers as much as poss.

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Cologne
Dortmund
Gelsenkirchen
Frankfurt
Kaiserslautern
Hamburg
Stuttgart
Berlin
Munich
Leipzig
Nuremburg
Hannover (Forgot about this place, easy thing to do really.)

Them's your choices (I think). Cologne is a good place to base yourself as it puts you in easy reach of Dortmund, Gelsenkirchen as well. You could also reach Frankfurt and Kaiserslautern quite easily. Gives you 5 possible venues.

I fancy basing myself in Hamburg for a couple of weeks. 3 group games and a quarter final will be played there and there's plenty of ICE trains to the other venues.

I've got a feeling that England will end up in Leipzig, Gelsenkirchen and Kaiserslautern, the 3 most boring venues.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I've followed England away 3 times, v Romania in Toulouse WC '98, v Germany in Charleroi '00 (tickets for both) and v Switzerland in Coimbra '04.

My main advice would be to exercise caution if we are playing any big team and, if so, stay away from the obvious drinking areas like town squares of the host town.

Also, beware of the local population. I'd be inclined to stay in a town with a small Turkish population because of the sort of incidents seen in Marseille and Brussels.

I'd imagine Hamburg will be favourite with the nutters, closely followed by Berlin.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Pavilionaire said:
Also, beware of the local population. I'd be inclined to stay in a town with a small Turkish population
Good advice. Those Turks are always so welcoming.
:lolol:

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Tickets go on sale on the 1st Feb.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'm thinking of doing a couple of organised day trips, i.e. arrive in city in the morning and leave straight after the game. Expensive I know but it saves the bother of having to find a bed and also is the easiest way around work and wife committments. A work mate did this for England v France and said that it was one of the most fun days of his life (until about 89th minute anyway) and well worth the money he spent.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Easy 10 said:
Good advice. Those Turks are always so welcoming.
:lolol:

Hopefully they won't qualify (they're not looking too clever right now) and then maybe the local Turks won't be so excitable, or is that just wishful thinking?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
brighton said:
I went to France in 2002 and followed England about never getting in to the ground, was good for the Rumania game but was crap in Lille to many England Dicks. So im gonna gamble on getting a ticket, just trying to better my odds i suppose.

Wasn't the World Cup held in Japan and Korea in 2002 ?

It was France in 1998!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here