Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Where Are You!

el punal

After the mass walkout by the locals at yesterday’s game - even before the 80th minute! - I wonder how many empty seats there will be at today’s fixtures? Methinks this is going to be the real test of how popular this World Cup tournament is going to be. With a very limited number of fans attending from the established footballing nations this could turn out to be the “There’s no one there! There’s no one!” event of the century.

What do you reckon?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
After the mass walkout by the locals at yesterday’s game - even before the 80th minute! - I wonder how many empty seats there will be at today’s fixtures? Methinks this is going to be the real test of how popular this World Cup tournament is going to be. With a very limited number of fans attending from the established footballing nations this could turn out to be the “There’s no one there! There’s no one!” event of the century.

What do you reckon?
If FIFA and/or the Qatari FA give tickets to people who did not originally buy them I trust that Stalag Luft Kommander Paul Barber will instantly give them a ten match ban.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I'd suspect locals or foreign workers will be 'encourage' to attend if stadiums start to get too empty.

Like a more violent version of the ticketing strategy employed by the 'Hundred'!
I think this is it. I heard from a bloke working there that many of the local people who'd want to go couldn't afford the tickets that were left by the time they were able to buy them so there is a fair amount of demand, just not the income to support it. I can imagine those people might be given tickets to fill empty seats and create atmosphere if needed.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
A hot, dry desert dust bowl where the cheap seats can't get thirst quenching beer.

No thanks.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I noticed quite a few of the Qatarian Ultras appeared to have tattoos yesterday which isn’t in line with faith. Maybe fresh T-shirts and song sheets could be issued for other games?

I particularly liked the slow clap which I would have though would have been easy to follow in unison had they been experienced fans?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Notts County got 16500 on Saturday for their league game. Imagine that - the very real possibility of fewer bums on seats in an England WC game than a domestic non-league fixture 2 days previously.

What a shit world cup.

Ailema

Oct 26, 2022
I'd say the ground isn't even half full for Netherlands v Senegal, and they are two excellent footballing nations. It's a bit of a joke really. If the WC was here you'd have to sell a kidney to attend most games.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think this is it. I heard from a bloke working there that many of the local people who'd want to go couldn't afford the tickets that were left by the time they were able to buy them so there is a fair amount of demand, just not the income to support it. I can imagine those people might be given tickets to fill empty seats and create atmosphere if needed.
Wonderful idea! Wonder if it would work at the Amex?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here