Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where are you watching the Tour of Britain?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Obviously assuming you are not going to Brentford.

I still can't decide.

I am thinking of riding to HH to watch them go through there, and then heading down to Brighton, but don't know if I can be arsed.

In Brighton...bottom of Bear Road could be good - they'll have to slow down for the narrow left turn, and then start climbing - you may even be able to pick out who's who.

Finishing Line - I assume this will have the added bonus of a big screen and commentary, but it will be rammed. I will probably end up here though.

Where are YOU watching?

Bear Road, then I legged it down Freshfield Road and caught the tail finishing. I then had a wander through all the team buses. It actually wasn't that rammed to be honest. I reckon the best spot was on Marine Drive watching them go past you at the top, then you could look down and see the finish. Also see the screens really well from up there - in retrospect should have watched the whole thing from up there with a pack of Stella's!

Last edited:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Eurosport commentator again, Bear Hill :facepalm: after talking about Bear Road for ages changed it to Bear Hill.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Bear Road, then I legged it down Freshfield Lane and caught the tail finishing. I then had a wander through all the team buses. It actually wasn't that rammed to be honest. I reckon the best spot was on Marine Drive watching them go past you at the top, then you could look down and see the finish. Also see the screens really well from up there - in retrospect should have watched the whole thing from up there with a pack of Stella's!

It's Freshfield Road, are you a Eurosport commentator? :)

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
In the end I did what I had thought I couldn't be arsed to do...

I cycled to Haywards Heath, and watched them come past from the roundabout at the end of the High Street. There was a really good atmosphere, and loads of people had turned out - everyone was very friendly, everybody seemed to have a good time.

I then cycled back to Brighton. Ditching Beacon was brilliant - the crowds were already large, and they roared their support at me and all the others toiling up. It was great.

I then went down to Madeira Drive where I met up with Mrs. Pogue and [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] and Mrs Hamilton, amongst others. We stood behind the barriers at the 100m mark, opposite the big screen, and watched the last 70km from there. The Concorde bar was open, which was a bonus!

It was fantastic. Watching the riders on familiar roads, the anticipation as we watched them coming down Wilson Avenue on the screen, and then the finish line, podium presentations and riders circulating freely with us normal people with no airs and graces.

I hope they keep coming back. They go to Stoke every year - let's make this stage as indispensable as that one appears to be.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Good viewing from Ditchling Beacon

TOB5.JPG

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Did they remove the roundabout by the pier?

If not did it affect the end of the race? Were there any incidents at this roundabout?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Did they remove the roundabout by the pier?

If not did it affect the end of the race? Were there any incidents at this roundabout?

They didn't remove the roundabout.

They did a sharp left, hairpin turn from Marine Parade onto Madeira Drive, so had to slow substantially to get round - it wasn't the run-off from the sprint.

And yes, there was an incident - one rider took the corner too fast and went flying into the boards in front of the crowd by the pier - it looked like he went over his handlebars.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Watched from the hill on Eastbourne Road just after the Golden Galleon near Seaford.
Dancing in and out of the road to avoid the bikes.
Bernard Eisel of Team Sky gave my lad his water bottle as he passed.
Rushed back to see the finish on TV.
Great Day out.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

They did a sharp left, hairpin turn from Marine Parade onto Madeira Drive, so had to slow substantially to get round - it wasn't the run-off from the sprint.

And yes, there was an incident - one rider took the corner too fast and went flying into the boards in front of the crowd by the pier - it looked like he went over his handlebars.

Ouch ! was he ok?

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008

Yes, I was standing right next to where he hit the barrier, he hit it so hard two bars in the barrier bent :mad:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Kwiatkowski has the new Beacon KOM - 3:59, that's going to take some beating!!!
I've already planned to go East on Tuesday, so it'll stand for a little while.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here