Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Clevedon, Cider-country-shire

Clevedon_pier.jpg

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I live in here searching for my ex-wife's needles, most happy unaccompanied, a few wrestling posters on the wall, staring back at things that probably didn't even happen to me, but sound better than the things that did.

Haystack_AT01502.jpg

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
located at monitor in Perth, Australia where it is cold rainy and wet. Just lit a fire in pot belly for kids:wave:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
seagully said:
SSA40412.jpg

Coventry. And I hate it. :(

I don't see why. It looks like theres some fantastic architecture. Look at those lovely bland concrete buildings :lolol:

1066gull

Seeing some of the places people are at, shows what a big world we live in.

And I have made the f***ing mistake of going to university and not travelling the world.

:(

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Rangdo said:
I don't see why. It looks like theres some fantastic architecture. Look at those lovely bland concrete buildings :lolol:

Oh yes! Its a dream world of beautiful 1960s architecture! Why am I complaining?!

:lolol:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
AdrianDINho said:
Seeing some of the places people are at, shows what a big world we live in.

And I have made the f***ing mistake of going to university and not travelling the world.

:(
It would seem that people are spread across the globe through their work. It is not all about where you are, but what you do. Being somewhere other than England will not guarantee happiness! Doing what you want to do is the most important thing.

As far as Gap Years are concerned, I could not advocate them enough. I had the most amazing time trawling around South America, Australia and The Pacific Islands. It made me a more rounded person (I like to think). If you are not sure that you are ready for Uni, why don't you defer? It seems that you may benefit from doing something like that. It certainly builds confidence and other aspects before getting bogged down in Degree business.

1066gull

Barrel of Fun said:
It would seem that people are spread across the globe through their work. It is not all about where you are, but what you do. Being somewhere other than England will not guarantee happiness! Doing what you want to do is the most important thing.

As far as Gap Years are concerned, I could not advocate them enough. I had the most amazing time trawling around South America, Australia and The Pacific Islands. It made me a more rounded person (I like to think). If you are not sure that you are ready for Uni, why don't you defer? It seems that you may benefit from doing something like that. It certainly builds confidence and other aspects before getting bogged down in Degree business.
I need to work and earn some money first as some of it has literally been squandered.

Or get paid in the £50k poker tournament I've qualified on Friday.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
AdrianDINho said:
I need to work and earn some money first as some of it has literally been squandered.

Or get paid in the £50k poker tournament I've qualified on Friday.

Giving up Poker would be a start!

You effectively have about 14/15 months between the end of School and the start of Uni (if you were to take a gap year). Travel for 4/5 months and use the other 10 months to earn money before and after your gap year, for the trip and for the start of Uni.

There is a reason why there are very few professional poker players. It is not a job and it does not pay out in the long run. Why do you think the other NSC'ers limit themselves to 50/25c tables?!

1066gull

Barrel of Fun said:
Giving up Poker would be a start!

You effectively have about 14/15 months between the end of School and the start of Uni (if you were to take a gap year). Travel for 4/5 months and use the other 10 months to earn money before and after your gap year, for the trip and for the start of Uni.

There is a reason why there are very few professional poker players. It is not a job and it does not pay out in the long run. Why do you think the other NSC'ers limit themselves to 50/25c tables?!
Ummmm, I have finished school. And there is only 3 months. And no, I can't defer it. i have to reapply otherwise.

And I am giving up poker, for a while, but not that tournament as I have already got entry in it and it would be pretty pointless not playing it...

And I don't play bigger than 0.5/1 tables...

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Barrel of Fun said:

BoF, the CORRECT answer would have been, "stop yer snivelling - you're 18, for God's sake!!"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports