Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Where are we going to hang out in Rome?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Bumped into a few Albion fans already and we’re all heading to the Scholars Lounge Irish bar this evening. Was in there last night - decent atmosphere

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Anyone out and about near Termini tonight.

Looking for a simple bite to eat, couple of beers and the Real Madrid game.
(Local not Irish bar)

SeanInRome

Feb 23, 2024
I met some Scots who traveled for the rugby game in Shamrock pub, but no signs of BHAFC fans, if you are anywhere please PM me
There is 2 shamrock pubs.
Best one is at Via Del Colosseo 2
Sandro and Marco at the owners,top blokes but keep your wits while leaving.
I’d suggest to avoid Trastevere and Monti tonight.
You should be all fine as you’ve a good rep but there is always some young kids about looking for trouble.
Anyone need any help or advice my number is +393518622721 and you can reach me on wats app.
Have a great night and welcome to Italy

SeanInRome

Feb 23, 2024
Many are always checked but I found at Shamrock- via Del Colosseo 2 to be very safe the last few years for away fans.
Sandro and Marco are the owners there,big Lazio Fans and top guys who have the police close by to keep an eye on things.
Just be careful on the way home with smaller streets.
I’d suggest the taxi app - Free Now
Have a good night

SeanInRome

Feb 23, 2024
I've been told Fiddlers Elbow. Been in the Marconi bar (same owner) and not really Irish. Will be in Elbow tonight, Wednesday.
Marconi owner has a great pub just around the corner.
Definitely one of the real Irish pubs(oldest) in Rome.
Good staff,all British and Irish.
English Tom and British/Irish(depends on his mood) will look after you

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Many are always checked but I found at Shamrock- via Del Colosseo 2 to be very safe the last few years for away fans.
Sandro and Marco are the owners there,big Lazio Fans and top guys who have the police close by to keep an eye on things.
Just be careful on the way home with smaller streets.
I’d suggest the taxi app - Free Now
Have a good night
Any views on walking to the ground ? Had a recce yesterday but couldn't work out what routes would be open/best to use (presumably it would be via the western side of the ground but not sure if there's pedestrian access for away fans on a match day)

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
Any views on walking to the ground ? Had a recce yesterday but couldn't work out what routes would be open/best to use (presumably it would be via the western side of the ground but not sure if there's pedestrian access for away fans on a match day)
We are planning on walking up as we are staying between the Vatican and the ground. No tips to share, sorry but were thinking of getting up there about 3 hours before KO to avoid queues and any bother.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We are planning on walking up as we are staying between the Vatican and the ground. No tips to share, sorry but were thinking of getting up there about 3 hours before KO to avoid queues and any bother.
Well don’t go round the south/east side (near the dodgy bridge) - obviously a big home fanzone (loads of bars etc). I think the route would be Via Dei Gladiatori then bear left which takes you towards the bus drop-off and away turnstiles……but not clear how we’d get to them :shrug:

SeanInRome

Feb 23, 2024
Well don’t go round the south/east side (near the dodgy bridge) - obviously a big home fanzone (loads of bars etc). I think the route would be Via Dei Gladiatori then bear left which takes you towards the bus drop-off and away turnstiles……but not clear how we’d get to them :shrug:
This is not true.
Via dei gladiatori does not bring you to the away end.
You need to go around anti clockwise and it’s 10/15 minute walk from the Main Street.
I don’t recommend walking for anyone,enjoy the city have done beers and get the bus down

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This is not true.
Via dei gladiatori does not bring you to the away end.
You need to go around anti clockwise and it’s 10/15 minute walk from the Main Street.
I don’t recommend walking for anyone,enjoy the city have done beers and get the bus down
Thanks - did find it confusing….the anticlockwise route takes you past the bridge and fanzone which are probably best avoided………I did that yesterday and then went past the athletics track (worth seeing another time) but had to double back to get to the away turnstiles and bus drop-off. The main road over the hill around that side isn’t really walkable at all (Sean - I know you know this, just commenting for any of our lot that were thinking of walking). Bus it is then 👍

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here