[Misc] When your former heroes let you down.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Do you agree that it should be a personal choice for a doctor to treat someone with covid who refused the vaccine?

Doctors and surgeons spend their lives dealing with obese and non-obese people with furred arteries and associated heart conditions from bad diets, smoking and drinking who don’t/won’t listen to basic health advice. Do they personally choose not to treat them?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Doctors and surgeons spend their lives dealing with obese and non-obese people with furred arteries and associated heart conditions from bad diets, smoking and drinking who don’t/won’t listen to basic health advice. Do they personally choose not to treat them?

I did wonder how long it would take for that response.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
P&O have no interest in enforced vaccines.

They don’t want people who might get avoidably very ill with, or spread the deadly virus, on their private property. Where they owe a duty of care to passengers and staff.

Also, I imagine these companies are just trying to tick as many boxes as possible to get going again.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Also, I imagine these companies are just trying to tick as many boxes as possible to get going again.

With crew, there must be thousands of folk on a big cruise ship. Have they got the medical facilities and staff to cope with a CV19 outbreak? Whilst even the vaccinated would then be confined to their rooms.

Blinkered Le Tiss hasn’t thought this through.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Independent research on Facebook & Twatter :lolol:

Le Tiss ignoring the world’s scientists and all data showing the vax’s work in saving lives.

Then publicly whinging, he’s ‘punishing’ P&O by not travelling with them again.

Great penalty taker, but one sandwich short of a picnic.

Only stayed with Stains because he's fearful of change, lazy and easily satisfied with an endless supply of starry-eyed dock totty.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Only stayed with Stains because he's fearful of change, lazy and easily satisfied with an endless supply of starry-eyed dock totty.

Over the years since he played, people write that he should’ve been the first name on the England team sheet, winning 50 to 100 caps.

I’m not sure that he was that good.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
With crew, there must be thousands of folk on a big cruise ship. Have they got the medical facilities and staff to cope with a CV19 outbreak? Whilst even the vaccinated would then be confined to their rooms.

Blinkered Le Tiss hasn’t thought this through.

My understanding is cruise lines have set up a process with the ports they will be visiting.

I’m not 100 percent sure what it is as not bothered to read it all yet, but it’s been thought of.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
As long as they are not beating animals or women or ****ing kids they can all do/say/think whatever they like, pretty much.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Since the thread seems to have recovered, I'll give you Peter Hammill.

As a teenager I loved his pompous anxty ouvre. I know every word of his first 5 albums. And his work with VGDD....

Unfortunately, some years after John Lydon had selected a track from his album 'Nadir's Big Chance' to feature on desert island discs that has an opening few bars with an uncanny resemblance to the opening few bars of 'anarchy in the UK', Hammill decides he invented punk rock. OK....mate.

Leter, because his band mate David Jackson wanted to play all the old hits rather than learn some new tunes, Hammill sacks him from VDGG over 'musical differences'. This was more than 40 years after the band formed. Musical differences. Between gentlemen in their late 60s. FFS.

I used to love Hammill. Now I think he's a massive plum.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Bear pit? Bolleaux! Lots of people liked them. One of them turning out to be a nonce - and just about the worst kind of nonce at that - rendered the brand toxic (which was unfortunate for the other members of the band whose careers were blown away) but it still couldn't un-record the music they'd previously recorded.

I feel very sorry for the band as if the wrongun hadn’t have been the lead singer and maybe just the drummer they’d have just carried on and nothing much would have been said about it in time.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Good luck with the Pfizer/Moderna vaccine.

Hope there’s no serious side-effects to an unproven technology of changing a persons RNA. What, you wasn’t aware that that is how they work? Hmm, maybe you should research a bit before blindly accepting chemicals being pumped into your body which can alter your cell structure and, the scientists admit, they have no idea of the long term implications.

Great idea pal. Go for it.

"Maybe you should research a bit"

Can you link us to any pier-reviewed medical research you have published? Or do you mean you watched a youtube video and read an article from a fringe news source and have decided that's right? Cheers

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Well, considering that having a vaccine won’t stop someone CATCHING the virus nor being INFECTIOUS, what benefit is there to OTHER PASSENGERS by someone being vaccinated?

Typical virtue signalling from thickos.

If I choose not be be vaccinated, please explain how that affects you if you’ve been vaccinated?

Maybe R Slicker is a good username for someone who talks SHIT.

Hold on - gov website:

The vaccine cannot give you COVID-19 infection, and a full course will reduce your chance of becoming seriously ill. We do not yet know whether it will stop you from catching and passing on the virus, but we do expect it to reduce this risk.1 Mar 2021 ????

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
This statement does rather indicate that either you have done no serious reading, or that you do not understand how science and data works.

You may be mistaking:

'we can't yet be 100% sure about how far vaccines stop you catching and transmitting covid'

With

'iT DeFINITeLY Don'T WOrK'

Try this: https://www.gponline.com/know-effectiveness-covid-19-vaccines/article/1708986

Which summarises what we know so far, laid out in simple terms. Some snippits below.

the SIREN study suggests that the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine is likely to have an impact on transmission as it has been shown to prevent asymptomatic as well as symptomatic disease

and

Meanwhile data for the Oxford/AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine, suggests that one dose of the jab could cut transmission of the virus by 67%

or

A further pre-print paper from the trial also found that vaccination resulted in a reduction in the duration of shedding and viral load even in those who were vaccinated and received a PCR-positive swab. The researchers said this meant they may be less likely to transmit the virus than an unvaccinated individual. 'These observations provide strong support for mass vaccination as a tool to control pandemic coronavirus,'.

So overall, based on evidence avaulable so far, if I am going to be on a crowded boat with a bunch of people I don't know, I'd prefer as many as possible of them to be vaccinated thanks!

Also, and getting back on track:

Eric Clapton. Aaarrrggghhhh

Ah someone else got there. I have no issue with you having an opinion [MENTION=240]larus[/MENTION] and no it doesn’t affect others if you choose not to take a vaccine but I do have an issue with fake facts being spouted and spread. What you said isn’t true is it?! Or certainly not proven true - in fact so far it’s been proven to stop the contraction and spread - so the opposite of what you said!?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports