Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] When you first joined NSC

What were you ?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
When you first joined NSC, did you lurk for a long time, sign up and gradually start posting, sign up and gradually start posting, lurk for a long while and come in all guns blazing or just come in all guns blazing.

When I first joined, I'd been lurking for a bit, been thoroughly entertained by the Looney, WATFORD O, [MENTION=72]dwayne[/MENTION] binfest (only dwayne left under his original account) and signed up as WATFORD 0 to wind up WATFORD O. Once that joke had run for a few days (WATFORD O claiming he'd been hacked etc) I got it changed to WATFORD zero and then gradually started posting as a 'real' poster.

Well ?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
When you first joined NSC, did you lurk for a long time, sign up and gradually start posting, sign up and gradually start posting, lurk for a long while and come in all guns blazing or just come in all guns blazing.

When I first joined, I'd been lurking for a bit, been thoroughly entertained by the Looney, WATFORD O, [MENTION=72]dwayne[/MENTION] binfest (only dwayne left under his original account) and signed up as WATFORD 0 to wind up WATFORD O. Once that joke had run for a few days (WATFORD O claiming he'd been hacked etc) I got it changed to WATFORD zero and then gradually started posting as a 'real' poster.

Well ?

He’s in the banned forever list isn’t he (or she)?

What was it, racism?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
cant remember what I did last month......so how am I supposed to rememder 2003?

Same although it was vastly different in 2000. Manx Seagull ran it, and it looked unlike this forum.
It was difficult to follow threads, and people could post without registering.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
He’s in the banned forever list isn’t he (or she)?

What was it, racism?

No, we had a Leeds supporter on here. IIRC Starry, really good honest poster who had lost a daughter to a dreadful illness. He showed himself up for what he was :shrug:

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
I think my first post was asking Sid to send me the GOSBTS ringtone for my Nokia 3210.

That was circa 2000.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I can't recall but I do remember that Dwayne was the supreme wind up merchant.

[MENTION=72]dwayne[/MENTION] is still around, but not Kylie's chimney sweep sadly, but is a little ...... um .. older and more mature ? (I'm sure he can defend himself :wink:)

I'll now steal his thunder by pointing out he was the first ever person to mention Graham Potter on NSC - sorry dwayne :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Did it not start in 97 or 98? It was an absolute mess with racist idiots like FG trolling like oafs.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think I lurked briefly but couldn’t not to post so quickly then came all guns blazing. Long time ago my name was MattHorneyBastardo.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It did indeed and was nothing like the balanced, refined, informed, educated and eloquent debating society that you see today :lolol:

The Mailing List started at a similar time. I'm still on that. Real names forum. [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION] and others are on it. Bozza took it over some years ago.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I started out as Handsome Fellow after a few years and burst replica shirts i became Chubbyfooka,i found my usernames were starting to define exactly who i was so settled on a eclectic mix of genius name and club cocktail,i think millions of football forum posters worldwide now use this algorithm when deciding on their usernames,it wasn't until 2016 i actually realised Bozza wasn't actually a chubby west indian with a huge afro, the interweb can be misleading.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Interesting that that was a time before Farage/Robinson really got going in stoking things up.

Just goes to show, there was no past idyll in this land.

It was just abuse back then. Later Farrage and Robinson made some (others probably) think they were on to a winner, dancing their little idiot dances of triumph (culminating in the damp squib of Brexit, and black faces not only on the opposition benches, but in the tory cabinet :lolol:).

I can ignore armchair racists. It is campaigning racists that concern me.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
I was a voyeur for about 5 years before signing up.

Danny Seagull was always a good poster. Many hours of amusement reading his posts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here