Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When will ZAMORA score his first goal this season thread?

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
These types of threads are exactly why I rarely comment on football on NSC, the usual reactionary drivel from people who haven't got a clue.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I love these egg on face bounces

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Some hilarious posts on here

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It's all got a tad embarrassing IMHO. The powers-that-be obviously thought that by signing BZ on the back of a truly dreadful season, they'd at least reinvigorate the faithful.........Sadly he has next to zero impact on a game. Maybe the 'never go back' brigade had a point after all. Might as well have signed Peter Ward on a one year deal in the Summer, for all the difference it's made.

You were taking about embarrassment I believe!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You were taking about embarrassment I believe!

Meh :shrug: You call things as you see them at the time. Any random snide can dig up an old post with the benefit of hindsight in the hope of making themselves look ever so smart. Just makes them look quite the opposite :lol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
hindsight
/ˈhʌɪn(d)sʌɪt/
noun
understanding of a situation or event only after it has happened or developed.

There is no hindsight in KNOWING that a fit Bobby Zamora is a massive signing for a 2nd tier club. I haven't checked back but I am assuming you made some snide remark about him not being good enough anymore earlier in the thread?.

Being fit was the only reservation I ever had about a quality striker like BZ scoring regularly at this level if he was given the chances

Edit just checked back, you are surely going to be VERY disappointed with that summary THPP :lolol:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Meh :shrug: You call things as you see them at the time. Any random snide can dig up an old post with the benefit of hindsight in the hope of making themselves look ever so smart. Just makes them look quite the opposite :lol:
It's easy to hit back and make excuses. But there is no class in that, why not admit you were wrong? Many posters were laying into Zamora and the club for signing him before he'd even played a few games. There's nothing wrong with having a strong opinion, however reserving judgement is often a good idea.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove

No you look like a **** just have the balls to admit it.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Well I am glad the doubters were proved wrong. To me his signing was more a lifting of the club rather than scoring goals. He did the first ( so good result for Bloom) and now he is delivering KEY goals.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
No you look like a **** just have the balls to admit it.

Too late sadly. Same as it ever was. You either take a stance based on the recent evidence of your own eyes, or you don't. Would be a dull old message board if you didn't. I've already posted on the 'Hemed Is A Bit Rubbish' or similar thread. Tho if he scores two goals in his next game, snides without the balls to state an opinion will be crawling out of the woodwork and queueing up to say Told You So. Oh well, just have to live with that :shrug:

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
It's all got a tad embarrassing IMHO. The powers-that-be obviously thought that by signing BZ on the back of a truly dreadful season, they'd at least reinvigorate the faithful, coax a few of the Withdean Five Thousand out of retrement and sell a shitload of shirts. Turns out the other summer signings were so decent that nobody was really clamouring for BZ to be given some game time, and the vast majority are too young to even sing the proper Zamora song, opting instead for the generic Seven Nation Army crap, And BZ's cameo appearances are just that. Sadly he has next to zero impact on a game. Maybe the 'never go back' brigade had a point after all. Might as well have signed Peter Ward on a one year deal in the Summer, for all the difference it's made.

:ffsparr:
Insult away, you set yourself up, so be prepared to get shot down :)

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Too late sadly. Same as it ever was. You either take a stance based on the recent evidence of your own eyes, or you don't. Would be a dull old message board if you didn't. I've already posted on the 'Hemed Is A Bit Rubbish' or similar thread. Tho if he scores two goals in his next game, snides without the balls to state an opinion will be crawling out of the woodwork and queueing up to say Told You So. Oh well, just have to live with that :shrug:
The Hemed situation is not comparable as Hemed has been playing regularly, is fit and just about everyone would agree that he is off form/or simply not good enough. In October Zamora had hardly played, had an early season injury and was clearly playing catch up. It was far too early to write him off.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
It took him 3 years to score 12 with QPR but that included having a serious hip surgery. What we have now is a fully recovered Zamora.

Does anyone know what the hip surgery was becuase I thought it was a hip replacement?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I love these egg on face bounces
Yes, I'm rather inclined to agree with you.
I took a look back to see what I said at the time. Now I am enjoying a wonderfully warm smug
and satisfied feeling........................................................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here