Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When will the emotions hit home?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Taken to my first game Nov 6th 1983...relegated that season....and at times over the last 34yrs never thought I'd see us back in the top flight in my lifetime.
The emotions of getting promoted were immense!!!....but is the game tomorrow giving you more butterflies??

No, its just another league game albeit one in the top division. There is nothing riding on the game other than three points.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I'm really feeling that today whatever happens will go down in the great history of this club as a great memory.

FWIW I feel we'll get something from the game.

Happy days.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Part timer a lot of us have seen 3 games where we hit 4 against City

I was tipsy last night when I wrote that although I can still only recall two. One in the 83 cup run of course. I saw Trevor Francis rip us apart up there one year and that really was the first time I would ever have agreed with my mate who said that he was 'world class' that day. He really was.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Taken to my first game Nov 6th 1983...relegated that season....and at times over the last 34yrs never thought I'd see us back in the top flight in my lifetime.
The emotions of getting promoted were immense!!!....but is the game tomorrow giving you more butterflies??

Yes this one is..but then with all the media stuff compared with back then its unavoidable

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I woke at six this morning and instantly had exactly the same feeling that I had when waking on the morning of my final exams at uni, 38 years ago. A sort of lurch in the chest. If the whole season is going to be like this, with me like a cat on hot tin roof, then forget it - the sooner we drop back to div 2 the better. Meanwhile, I have bcome so deluded that if we don't win hansomely this evening I will be distraught. :wozza::lolol::rave:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
This is the start of my 50th season watching the Albion and I still get as nervous now as I did then. Actually probably a tad more nervous then because we used to drive over the old wooden toll bridge at Shoreham some games and it was pretty rickety even then. If the tide was in we'd win and if the tide was out - a loss or a draw. Bloke in his little wooden hut taking the sixpence toll and me in the back of an old Thames van chock a block with my old mans tools and any old lead he'd managed to steal that week. In truth though....".the more things change, the more they stay the same".......except you can't get cash for your dodgy lead anymore.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I woke at six this morning and instantly had exactly the same feeling that I had when waking on the morning of my final exams at uni, 38 years ago. A sort of lurch in the chest. If the whole season is going to be like this, with me like a cat on hot tin roof, then forget it - the sooner we drop back to div 2 the better. Meanwhile, I have bcome so deluded that if we don't win hansomely this evening I will be distraught. :wozza::lolol::rave:

8824065f73539ba87a48e667e55ab0acaeb65957a6f3dcfabf1b33705d853d41.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here