Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When will the blind optimism for next season start?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's nothing to do with 'docile inertia' for me or, I believe thousands of others. (Anyone who can afford to buy a season ticket through 'docile inertia', must have more money than sense!) It's everything to do with supporting BHA.

There's about five thousand of those. They don't attend midweek matches, for perfectly valid reasons. They do count in the pretendance figures however.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
There's about five thousand of those. They don't attend midweek matches, for perfectly valid reasons. They do count in the pretendance figures however.

That's an unfounded generalisation based on an invented assumption to suit your agenda.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
So there's NOT five thousand STH pissing a minimum of twenty quid a ticket up the wall every midweek home game? Good luck with defending THAT :thumbsup:

You completely miss the point, as well you know.

I was referring to your 'docile inertia' comment. You have no idea what all the different reasons are for STHs not attending. I have missed a number of games this season, and I knew I would have to before I renewed. There was no docility or inertia involved at all.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
So there's NOT five thousand STH pissing a minimum of twenty quid a ticket up the wall every midweek home game? Good luck with defending THAT :thumbsup:

Don't most Season Ticket Holders miss several games a season for many many different reasons (kids on a schoolnight, unattractive opposition, the weather, evening game, Sky TV, on holiday, transport fails, weddings etc etc etc) . Its not the same 5000 is it THPP ?.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Don't most Season Ticket Holders miss several games a season for many many different reasons (kids on a schoolnight, unattractive opposition, the weather, evening game, Sky TV, on holiday, transport fails, weddings etc etc etc) . Its not the same 5000 is it THPP ?.

Whilst I agree with your examples, the AWOL proportion at our club has been increasingly scary this season. And no, a 13% reduction in ST sales in not 'good news'. Spin and more spin from our beloved club. Supported unrelentingly by your 'son of spin' posts. Are you being paid to switch off your brain and backup the club regardless, are are you just incapable of thought, preferring to regurgitate club BS?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
And no, a 13% reduction in ST sales in not 'good news'.

The club and various media reports have said that ST sales (renewals plus new tickets) will tick up to about 20K when season kicks off in August. Thats a 7% drop from 2014/15 not 13%.

PS: How much did you think the 15/16 ST total was going to be B.W ?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The club and various media reports have said that ST sales (renewals plus new tickets) will tick up to about 20K when season kicks off in August. Thats a 7% drop from 2014/15 not 13%.

PS: How much did you think the 15/16 ST total was going to be B.W ?

13% was quoted by the club wasn't it? Let's see if it does tick-up to 20k shall we? The only way I can see us stopping the rot of declining ST sales (it dropped last year too which, unsurprisingly, Barber spun) is to significantly invest in player acquisition, and I mean invest, not replace top Championship players with poor ones (last summer) or, more accurately for this summer, not replace poor players with equally poor ones.

In answer to your question, I expected the ST sales to drop significantly because the key element of our 'marketing offer' (Barbet TM) is the team on the pitch, not comfy seats and nice pies, or even top-notch training facilities. It's like buying a first class ticket on a plane (at top prices) and the plane's wings falling off mid-flight; who cares about top quality in-flight dining then?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
No response then Chailey Jem? Do you have to consult with PB first before answering?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
No response then Chailey Jem? Do you have to consult with PB first before answering?

Been to Sainsburys!
Yeah. I think we can both agree we need to improve a squad that can't score and finished 20th.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Did you get one ?

Of course, but I've had one for over 40 years. However, I (and those like me) am not the problem; it's the butterflies that have and will continue to flit away, unless...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Been to Sainsburys!
Yeah. I think we can both agree we need to improve a squad that can't score and finished 20th.

Fair enough. I honestly hope we can minimise our player acquisition expenditure, but I suspect we will have to spend big to get back to the right end of the table. Another 5 or 6 Kayal-like (in terms of quality/cost) signings would do it...

PS. How is Paul? I saw him more as a Waitrose man TBH! ;-)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If Brentford go up and Villa stay up.

The Albion will start next season in:-

FOURTH.

:rave::banana::cheery: punk::cheery::banana::rave:

:vuvu:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports