When Will Poyet Walk?

When Will Poyet Walk?

• After Man City Away?

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • After Chelsea Away?

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • In Good Time To Pack Flip-flops For His Pundit Gig At the World Cup

Votes: 79 72.5%
  • When He's Rebuilt Sunderland From The Rotten Core And Lead Them Back Into The Premier League

Votes: 11 10.1%
  • Other

Votes: 11 10.1%

• Total voters

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Seems like a very candid interview to me. Whilst I agree there is an element of 'it's never my fault' with Poyet, he is right that there is clearly something deeply wrong with that club. They've had a succession of successful, high profile managers, and not one of them has come close to making a success of it. I reckon he's right, they do need to make big changes, and if they give Gus the backing that he needs, he'll turn them around. The problem is that he wants full control, like Ferguson had at Man Utd, and I think that's unrealistic in modern football. Certainly for an up and coming manager in the Premier League, anyway.

Good post. The key bit is highlighted. I expect Gus will receive his P45 along with a relegation on his CV: he's had plenty of time to sort Sunderland out and backing in the transfer market too, especially in Jan. He has even managed to get rid of Sunderland's DoF. In other words, he has had his chance and blown it. Compare and contrast with Pulis at Palar$e. Oh dear.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I quite enjoy seeing people who have become a bit above themselves and have been less than honest get taken down a peg or two.

PS, if you think that all these Poyet threads are embarrassing, don't bother opening them to tell us how embarrassed you are, and save yourself from further embarrassment :blush:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Good post. The key bit is highlighted. I expect Gus will receive his P45 along with a relegation on his CV: he's had plenty of time to sort Sunderland out and backing in the transfer market too, especially in Jan. He has even managed to get rid of Sunderland's DoF. In other words, he has had his chance and blown it. Compare and contrast with Pulis at Palar$e. Oh dear.

Good post.

And any savvy club owner should most certainly NOT give Poyet full control. When he had that here, he paid £3.25m for CMS, a League One striker in his late 20's who'd previously struggled in his one Championship season for P'boro. The same Poyet that didn't rate Murray enough to pay him far less than CMS was awarded. Just 2 examples of poor judgement that cost TB and fans.

Poyet didn't like it when street-wise and experienced Barber appeared, taking control of the spending of TB's never-ending investment, and so reiningin Poyet's autonomy.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I quite enjoy seeing people who have become a bit above themselves and have been less than honest get taken down a peg or two.

PS, if you think that all these Poyet threads are embarrassing, don't bother opening them to tell us how embarrassed you are, and save yourself from further embarrassment :blush:

So do I - wonder if this thread will be bounced later in the year ???

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
if he doesn't get what he wants out of "the big meeting" he has coming up with Sunderland's football ops manager(?) then he'll walk, before that I fancy not

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So do I - wonder if this thread will be bounced later in the year ???

Yes it probably will be when he's talking in the press about golf and ceilings, and we can read any discontent amongst the supporters of Leeds, Swansea, Norwich, or wherever he ends up next.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Good post.

And any savvy club owner should most certainly NOT give Poyet full control. When he had that here, he paid £3.25m for CMS, a League One striker in his late 20's who'd previously struggled in his one Championship season for P'boro. The same Poyet that didn't rate Murray enough to pay him far less than CMS was awarded. Just 2 examples of poor judgement that cost TB and fans.

Poyet didn't like it when street-wise and experienced Barber appeared, taking control of the spending of TB's never-ending investment, and so reiningin Poyet's autonomy.

Good post ;-)

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Now I am totally bewildered.

Sorry for the confusion, and not to worry. << Note to self - don't use TB as abbreviation of Tony Bloom or Thunder Bolt >>

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I watched a bit of the Sunderland game last night and at half time Mark Bright said that it is clear that Conner Wickham is out of his depth in the Premiership :lolol:

LoL! He really is the exact opposite of his surname.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I watched a bit of the Sunderland game last night and at half time Mark Bright said that it is clear that Conner Wickham is out of his depth in the Premiership :lolol:

He was not alone; in NBC's coverage over here, Robbie Earle said exactly the same thing at half-time, and called for Jozy Altidore to be brought on.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Sacked for Gross Misconduct hopefully and then no club that he might actually get a job at will touch him next season before he comes crawling back by taking a job at somewhere like Swindon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here