Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] When will Pedro miss his first penalty?

When will Pedro miss his first penalty?

• In the Europa League Final

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • In the FA Cup Final

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • In the final PL game of the season to deny us Champions League football

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • In his first game for Barcelona next season

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • He will never miss a penalty for the rest of eternity

Votes: 33 48.5%
  • In his 200th game for the Albion

Votes: 6 8.8%

• Total voters

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Never, or not for years and years...

He's to penalties what Gary Linaker is to yellow cards (never) or Christopher Walken is to Russian Roulette (ages)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Mirrors a conversation we had coming home.

I kind of hope he misses one soon, so that he's not got a 100% record when we get to the pointy end of the season.

It's easy to see us getting more penalties and I'd hate for him to miss one that actually matters.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Mirrors a conversation we had coming home.

I kind of hope he misses one soon, so that he's not got a 100% record when we get to the pointy end of the season.

It's easy to see us getting more penalties and I'd hate for him to miss one that actually matters.
Yeah we said the same when he took his pen to put us 4 up against Spurs - wouldn't have been the worst time to get a miss out of the way (not that we knew Spurs would attempt a comeback).

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Dublin - 85 minute …

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's a bit far-fetched to say he might ever miss one. Tho I can see him sometime in the future sending the keeper the right way, deliberately, just for shits and giggles like 😀

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
The 100% record is great, but its getting to the point where I wouldnt even be that bothered if he did have a couple saved. Having someone in the squad who could even score 8 or 9 out of 10 penalties is a brilliant asset.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
There's a lot of glass is half empty peeps here at the moment, our pint is overflowing FFS!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
When he does his little jog on the spot prior to his run up to strike the ball and he stares directly into the opposing keepers eyes, it induces an involuntary physical indication of which way the keeper will dive. However, there is no ‘signal’ for a keeper who decides not to dive and to stay central. This is why Pedro never hits the ball down the middle.

If a keeper can somehow send a different alert to Pedro when he does his little jog on the spot, they could crack his code and pull off a save. Some how I doubt it though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here