Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When were these photos taken at the Goldstone ?

Strange that most people on here deplore footie violence but any thread/pics on the subject seem to attract a higher amount of views than other threads:whistle:

Attachments

• palace punch.jpg
    palace punch.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 564

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was there, I am in that picture, and they were a tough nut to crack, honours just about even on the pitch, but they gave us a right going over at the bottom of the footbridge at Hove station... Fonthill Rd.

"Tough nut to crack", like it was some kind of military campaign, and not a bunch of Pringled-up alpha-mullets with bumfluff posturing all over the shop. "HOLD ME BACK...HOLD ME BACK..."

Sad bellends.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
Thats right, I didn't go to the game but I was a skateboarder who hung around the Square and West Street every night, it was mayhem for sure :eek:

I must be going senile I do not recall the crossbar getting broken at the Chelsea game , I do recall the Friday night bloody mayhem , Chelsea got a bit of a wake up call that night for sure .

Could be wrong but I think this was the match where the police were tipped off about a stash of weapons and petrol bombs ,kinel ....at Churchill square

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
"Tough nut to crack", like it was some kind of military campaign, and not a bunch of Pringled-up alpha-mullets with bumfluff posturing all over the shop. "HOLD ME BACK...HOLD ME BACK..."

Sad bellends.
It was the sign of the times Mr Perfect, nothing more. It was a time where in most cases, the majority of away fans were 'up for it'.... and in most cases the home fans were happy to oblige.....it's the same with the birch, or public hangings,....sign of the times,...we have moved on.

It was not handbags, it hurt, so to make a bland assessment based on what jumper they wore....is a little myopic.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It was the sign of the times Mr Perfect, nothing more. It was a time where in most cases, the majority of away fans were 'up for it'.... and in most cases the home fans were happy to oblige.....it's the same with the birch, or public hangings,....sign of the times,...we have moved on.

It was not handbags, it hurt, so to make a bland assessment based on what jumper they wore....is a little myopic.

Mr Perfect ? Not really, no. Just a normal bloke who was and is quite capable of going to a football match without feeling the urge to act like a prick and try and look all big and hard in front of his equally tragic mates. It was embarrassing.

As you say though, as a race, most of us have moved on and evolved.

Mr Perfect ? Not really, no. Just a normal bloke who was and is quite capable of going to a football match without feeling the urge to act like a prick and try and look all big and hard in front of his equally tragic mates. It was embarrassing.

Evolved really? Take a look around.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015

But it wasn't really embarrassing at the time, it was normal......like now we take cctv and high density stewarding as the normal now......back in the 70/80's .... even the police were reluctant to stand up to some of the mobs we saw around the country......I repeat, not clever, just the sign of those times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here