Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] When was the last time a team quite so obviously gave up...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
... under the sheer weight of Albion teamwork?

Jnr is adamant we've seen it before, but can't remember.
I, naturally just can't remember, but find it hard to believe any team just gave up, like West Ham today

Certainly not gave up to the point where 2 players are allowed to fudge around with their passing stats and still not be on the end of a 'reducer'.

Last edited:

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
That was quite remarkable. Not even sure what two players it was but there was a mass exodus from the away end when that happened. I think I’d have been the same.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
On a semi-related note, Ben Johnson today (their RB) looked like a competition winner. Like Cucurella or Harding, he looked a broken man, desperate to be anywhere but on the Amex pitch. I actually started feeling a bit sorry for him. They were all shocking to a man, but he’ll be having nightmares of Mitoma and Pervis running past him for years.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Yep, they had completely capitulated by the closing stages. Must have been thoroughly demoralised by just how brilliant we are.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
What do you mean by this!? What happened?
Groß and Caicedo were literally stood in the centre circle playing 5 yard first time passes to each other at 3-0. I think they did about six in a row - the nearest West Ham player was at the park and ride I think.

I’d absolutely love a GIF of this.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What do you mean by this!? What happened?
Moises and Pascal stood in the centre circle, a couple of yards apart, just kicking the ball to each other.
West Ham just stood there and as said at no point after did any of them do a 'Richarlison'.
A sure sign of going up.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Us at home to Stoke(?) under McGhee at Withdean. Lost about 0-5 I think and the players looked hungover.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Groß and Caicedo were literally stood in the centre circle playing 5 yard first time passes to each other at 3-0. I think they did about six in a row - the nearest West Ham player was at the park and ride I think.

Ah I see! Thanks 👍

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)

That was magic. Laughing my socks off when that happened 😀

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here