Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] When Premier League matches are played behind closed doors

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Does anyone seriously think we will get a refund?

I reckon a £20 voucher against the purchase of this seasons kit with the premier badge on it!
I think the club should give fans the option of not taking a refund - give 'loyalty' points in exchange for giving up any refund.

Make 'loyalty' points mean loyalty.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I seem to remember a match between baseball teams Chicago White Sox and Baltimore when Baltimore was having riots over the killing of a minority man in police custody. It was intriguing for one game but would be nauseating after a month.

I would imagine, worst case scenario, that no games will be played behind closed doors, instead the rest of the season’s fixtures will be terminated and that the 2019/20 results and league placings will be null and void. In which case there will be no relegation or promotion, and, those qualifying for European competition will be based on 2018/19 standings. Mind boggling eh?

Im sure a few hundred thousands Man City fans will "bite their hands off" if this comes true :)

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
In all seriousness, it would be interesting to see which teams saw their performances improve and which suffered as a result of this. Maybe the pressure of the home fans (and us selfishly groaning every time we pass it back to Ryan when there's three in the box waiting for the pass) being removed is just what we need?

I would imagine, worst case scenario, that no games will be played behind closed doors, instead the rest of the season’s fixtures will be terminated and that the 2019/20 results and league placings will be null and void. In which case there will be no relegation or promotion, and, those qualifying for European competition will be based on 2018/19 standings. Mind boggling eh?

I think for us right now, that might be our only chance of playing PL football next season.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
were Sheffield Wednesday playing behind semi-closed doors last night because from what i saw it seemed half empty....

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Slightly off subject - i’d be shocked if the Euros go ahead
They should just put them back 12 months, and play them in 2021. Probably mean that all future World Cups etc. are a year later - as qualifying is delayed - but so what ?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
.... as they surely will be. (Spectators have just been banned from sport for a month in Italy)

Will we get our season tickets refunded? I would assume so.

Will Sky and BT be allowed to show MORE matches? I would guess yes, again.

Gonna be weird, that's for sure.

Sky will do a deal with Barber and we'll be allowed to watch on TV but the broadcast will stop on 88 minutes to ensure we retain the match day experience

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
were Sheffield Wednesday playing behind semi-closed doors last night because from what i saw it seemed half empty....

Can't be, they're a MASSIVE club

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here