Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] When football fans get it wrong.....

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Tell me right now how Carl Rushworth's career is going to play out. Then in 5 years I can come back here, bump the post and laugh at you for not correctly predicting he would be England's number 1.

I don't know, which is why I wouldn't shout my mouth off saying he is either going to be brilliant or rubbish.

That's LITERALLY the point of the thread. When people go bold on statements and are completely wrong.

This is very odd.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I don't know, which is why I wouldn't shout my mouth off saying he is either going to be brilliant or rubbish.

That's LITERALLY the point of the thread. When people go bold on statements and are completely wrong.

This is very odd.

He who says nothing can never be wrong.

And is a really boring conversationalist.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
He who says nothing can never be wrong.

And is a really boring conversationalist.

Urgh. This is a very odd stance. I've literally NEVER seen Carl play a game. Ask me my opinion on someone I have and I'll tell you.

I've been wrong plenty of times. Based on what I'd seen I wasn't sure Lewis Dunk would make the step up required to the PL. I thought he would get caught out.

I thought Solly March would be our superstar.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Does anyone remember INERT / INEPT-gate on here following a scathing Mark McGhee interview after another defeat, where it wasn't quite clear which adjective he'd used ? That proper split the board IIRC. I think I was in the INERT camp, but I'm not sure if we ever got to the bottom of it.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I thought Locadia was the answer when we signed him and he scored some early tap ins. I referred to him as 'the key'

I thought Steve Melton would play for England.

This season I said Chris Wood would score 15 goals

I thought Harry Maguire to Man Utd was a brilliant signing and exactly what they needed.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Urgh. This is a very odd stance. I've literally NEVER seen Carl play a game. Ask me my opinion on someone I have and I'll tell you.

I've been wrong plenty of times. Based on what I'd seen I wasn't sure Lewis Dunk would make the step up required to the PL. I thought he would get caught out.

I thought Locadia was the answer when we signed him and he scored some early tap ins. I referred to him as 'the key'

I thought Steve Melton would play for England.

This season I said Chris Wood would score 15 goals

I thought Harry Maguire to Man Utd was a brilliant signing and exactly what they needed.

So with this track record, you're comfortable being critical of other people who are similarly wrong in their predictions? I don't understand it. Predictions are predictions, it's a bit of fun and if you land 1 in 10 you can brag about it forever.

I don't understand the point of criticising people for saying something which was proven to be incorrect.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Yup, just about sums me up.
I've got blue and white striped blood running through me body, but when it comes to tactics, formations, team selection etc.....:shrug:

Yep, fair enough though isn’t it. We do other stuff. Support the club, with the team being a by-product. All this claiming to know about football has only been around since the advent of PlayStation.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
So with this track record, you're comfortable being critical of other people who are similarly wrong in their predictions? I don't understand it. Predictions are predictions, it's a bit of fun and if you land 1 in 10 you can brag about it forever.

I don't understand the point of criticising people for saying something which was proven to be incorrect.

I really think you're massively over-reacting to the idea of this thread. It's not being critical of other people. It's laughing at something everyone does which is get things DRAMATICALLY wrong which are amusing to look back on with the benefit of hindsight.

It's meant to be funny. Chill out.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Well you got that one right

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex
Talking over the Bank Holiday about football of yesteryear, and our Sunday lunchtime visit to Canvey Island in November 1995 came up.

Firstly with Tony Millard giving a running commentary on the Remembrance Minutes Silence (clearly as Alan Partridge said 'Dead air is a crime')

But the stick out moment of the whole day, other than the eventful 2-2 draw, was talking to two West Ham fans in the main stand about Frank Lampard Junior, who a couple of weeks before had played at the Goldstone on loan to Swansea.

They weren't convinced, " See him, he's only there because Redknapp is his Uncle, he will never amount to anything, will be playing non league football in 5 years time"

He couldn't have been more wrong.....:facepalm:

How about holding on to the thatcherite Ingram line about pissed up ticketless fans arriving late and storming the gates?

Despite the evidence stacked up and proving that to be a downright lie some tory morons still hold it to be true.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
We've all done it, but a mate of mine at Withdean was BELLOWING at some lower-league no-mark after he went down and stayed down in the last few seconds just in front of the dugouts, after (whichever team it was) had taken an early lead and had spent the rest of the afternoon running the clock down.

"THERE'S NUFFIN WRONG WITH HIM. GET UP, F*CKING GET UP YOU TIMEWASTING W*NKER, GO ON, F*CKING F*CK OFF THE PITCH"

A stretcher duly arrived and he was eventually carted off. Turned out he actually had a broken leg.

That was a Leicester player, they’d originally made him play on after he’d been treated the first time. He went down injured again seconds later to a lot of abuse from the South Stand. One of the few players to leave a pitch on a stretcher and not be applauded by the oppo fans.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That was a Leicester player, they’d originally made him play on after he’d been treated the first time. He went down injured again seconds later to a lot of abuse from the South Stand. One of the few players to leave a pitch on a stretcher and not be applauded by the oppo fans.

Your memory is a good deal better than mine. I recall the incident (in fact its become something of a standing joke amongst our group), but I could not for the life of me tell you who that happened against. The same player going down again was always open to some dogs abuse, especially given the proximity to the south stand.

Part of me still misses that.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Your memory is a good deal better than mine. I recall the incident (in fact its become something of a standing joke amongst our group), but I could not for the life of me tell you who that happened against. The same player going down again was always open to some dogs abuse, especially given the proximity to the south stand.

Part of me still misses that.

It's become a bit of a standing joke with my group of mates too.

I've just looked up the player and it was James Wesolowski, what I never knew was the game against us was only his 4th or 5th game since returning from another broken leg he got that pre-season. Poor lad.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I've just starting to read this thread and WOW!
Another post airing some ones political view.
I think it's time to bring back the cess pit. Bear pit you say? No, I think I'm right

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here