Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] When even your debut for the WC winners isn't worth a thread

Checked The Big Board for any developments after lunch, then did some general browsing. Was pretty bemused to discover on some obscure foreign website that our own Facundo Buonanotte was actually playing for Argentina's first team! So, only missed the first 75 minutes. Has NSC got to the stage where you have to open every bounced player thread just on the off-chance that something significant has happened?! 😦

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I've wondered this a few times recently. Is this now the culture of the place, or do the Mods immediately merge a new thread with the old one?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Checked The Big Board for any developments after lunch, then did some general browsing. Was pretty bemused to discover on some obscure foreign website that our own Facundo Buonanotte was actually playing for Argentina's first team! So, only missed the first 75 minutes. Has NSC got to the stage where you have to open every bounced player thread just on the off-chance that something significant has happened?! 😦
Thank goodness people are starting to use existing threads for players rather than starting a new one every time there is something to report. Really wish there was a 'one thread per player' rule on here.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I've wondered this a few times recently. Is this now the culture of the place, or do the Mods immediately merge a new thread with the old one?
MODS: merge this thread with the existing Goodnight one :thumbsup:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Surely the assumption of a thread being bounced should be that something of note has happened?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Thank goodness people are starting to use existing threads for players rather than starting a new one every time there is something to report. Really wish there was a 'one thread per player' rule on here.
Exactly this. It makes sense for everything related to a specific player to be in one thread. They go in all different directions anyway – and the chances are that the news of his debut is being covered in it and THAT'S why it's been bounced!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Do you're prepared to look at an "obscure foreign website" for football news, but not willing to browse on here to see why a Buonanotte thread has bounced in off-season.

:shrug:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm a huge fan of every player having their own thread.
They always have a signed one anyway so just keep those rolling through.

If you want to 'go back where it all began' when Bounanotte lifts the WC trophy in 3 years time, you've got no chance finding this thread, but can easily land on June '23 on his own thread.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Anyone can start a thread about whatever they they like. All this bollocks about searching for half an hour to see is something was mentioned on some other ancient thread gets on my tits.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Anyone can start a thread about whatever they they like. All this bollocks about searching for half an hour to see is something was mentioned on some other ancient thread gets on my tits.
Oi, there are plenty of threads about people's pet peeves, couldn't you use one of those?
FFS just use the search function

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Ok, so you wish there was a 'one thread per player' rule, but what does eveyone else think? I'll start a thread asking whether people think it's worth having a poll about it. If so, I'll get a thread going to see if we can establish what the poll options should be. Maybe it should depend on the player? This is going to require some in depth discussion, I can feel it.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ok, so you wish there was a 'one thread per player' rule, but what does eveyone else think? I'll start a thread asking whether people think it's worth having a poll about it. If so, I'll get a thread going to we can establish what the poll options should be. Maybe it should depend on the player? This is going to require some in depth discussion, I can feel it.
Good idea 👍

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Well I think it was worth a new thread as it was a specific, and noteworthy, event. I hate it when old threads get bounced, especially when the subject has moved on. And big/old threads can go massively off-topic as the Leeds one has done with its discussions of Latin teachers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here