Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] When did modern life ‘defeat’ you?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Recently I had to buy a new pair of lightweight trainer type walking shoes as my Skechers GoWalk had worn right out. I found a nice stylish pair of replacements and stumped up my cash and took them home. For about 2 weeks I was constantly stopping to re-tie the laces which seemed to come undone with ease within a few minutes of tying. I did not do a double knot as that looks a bit wrong and the single tie on the laces should work I even considered changing the laces from the polyester rope type that I had to proper Cotton laces .....eventually the penny dropped, I made the connection.

Modern shoelaces are not meant to be tied, merely pushed in the sides of the shoe as if you can't do a proper knot !

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Modem life had a good go at defeating me today.
I had an appointment at the Royal Sussex County Hospital early afternoon, I was going to get the bus in, but decided to drive.
I was told by my good lady that the hospital car park wouldn't be busy on a Saturday at that time as visiting hours were later in the afternoon.
I left early hoping to park and get a cup of tea before my appointment, leaving early was a good decision.
I got to the hospital car park and there was no queue, but unfortunately no spaces, drove around the car park for 10 minutes hoping someone would move on but no luck.
Here's were things went downhill, I thought I would drive out of the hospital car park and park near by and walk, I found plenty of spaces but I couldn't pay cash to park.
I left my credit card at home in another wallet and I haven't got any internet banking or whatever set up on my phone, these are needed for street parking in the area around the hospital. FFS
My own fault I know but it would be nice to have the option of slinging 4 quid in a meter to park.

I did end up parking for free well up Manor hill and having a very fast walk through the council flats behind the hospital to make my appointment with minutes to spare.
Lesson learned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here