Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] When did it become acceptable for stupid people to shout constantly ?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I believe that when I was a kid, there were just as many stupid people about, but they recognised that they were stupid and it wasn't something to be celebrated. As a result, any stupid conversations between them would be conducted in hushed tones, wary that someone may overhear and realise that they were as thick as two short planks.

So when and how did we get to the point where stupid people constantly and proudly shout their inane twaddle to one another, in the street, in supermarkets, into mobile devices held 2 foot away from their mouths,

... and relax :lolol:

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
I believe that when I was a kid, there were just as many stupid people about, but they recognised that they were stupid and it wasn't something to be celebrated. As a result, any stupid conversations between them would be conducted in hushed tones, wary that someone may overhear and realise that they were as thick as two short planks.

So when and how did we get to the point where stupid people constantly and proudly shout their inane twaddle to one another, in the street, in supermarkets, into mobile devices held 2 foot away from their mouths,

Reality TV.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Well.... many "stupid" people probably didn't really use to read much in everyday life - books, newspapers etc. and probably didn't have much of an opinion on things they didn't know about.

Now, with the internet, everyone reads random shite online and thinks they have a validated, educated opinion on a variety of subjects and this gives them the confidence to shout about it, both on and offline.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
The art of conversation was lost when smart phones made an appearance.
I recently spent an evening with a mate of mine, his two daughters, and their boyfriends.
All conversation was between me and my mate, the others just had their faces in their phones all night. Weird.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
when did it become acceptable for people to shout to people sitting at their table is restaurants rather than to talk at a volume that they can hear. FFS, i really, really don’t want to have everyone else’s shouted conversations, nay, drivel forced into my delicate ears.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
when did it become acceptable for people to shout to people sitting at their table is restaurants rather than to talk at a volume that they can hear. FFS, i really, really don’t want to have everyone else’s shouted conversations, nay, drivel forced into my delicate ears.
Yeah, but a lot of this is down to the place where you are. A place with no carpets on the floor and no curtains will echo the sounds much more.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Some Wayne Etta was walking down the high st the other day speaking loudly into her phone telling her boyfriend (possibly) where he could get his car crushed into a little box never to be seen again. Didn’t at all sound suspicious :unsure:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

I think you'll find it's called the 'Town Crier Syndrome'
I worked with someone who would talk very loudly, even if you were in the vicinity.
Very funny, if you asked them to repeat themselves constantly.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
What does my head in is people who thoughtfully bring a tablet or a mobile phone for their young children to watch a video at a restaurant but forget the flipping earbuds/headphones!!!!
Ditto morons on the bus playing music on their phones and "kindly " sharing it with the whole bus!!
GRRRR

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Programs like MIC and TOWIE kicked off the shouting into mobiles on speaker phone. So the camera can hear both sides of the conversation.

Oh and people are ignorant ****s.

If someone is playing loud music on their phone with no headphones, on the bus, train etc. I always ask them to turn it off. I’ve never had one refusal or argument about it.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
The art of conversation was lost when smart phones made an appearance.
I recently spent an evening with a mate of mine, his two daughters, and their boyfriends.
All conversation was between me and my mate, the others just had their faces in their phones all night. Weird.
At least your mate spoke to you. I was with a mate recently who every 3 minutes would glance at his Apple watch, distracted by whatever tweet notification he was getting. He was self aware enough to apologise but it didn't stop him doing it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Is this the 'bellcheeses outside of work' thread?

The answer is 'kill them all'. ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here