Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Who was it before?

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I would assume no one as it must be a Police thing and Sussex (thus the Police force of Sussex) have no other obligation.

So perhaps the answer is 'PRIDE' is our partner.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I would assume no one as it must be a Police thing and Sussex (thus the Police force of Sussex) have no other obligation.

So perhaps the answer is 'PRIDE' is our partner.

It's nothing to do with the Police. Each club has to say which club they'd like to be paired with before the fixtures are arranged.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's nothing to do with the Police. Each club has to say which club they'd like to be paired with before the fixtures are arranged.

True, but they would have to take the views of the police into account, as they need their co-operation to stage the games.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade

I'm confused. Apart from policing, why would anyone have any reason for ours and Crawley's fixtures to dovetail? Seeing as we aren't in the same division, its not in aid of helping the fixtures computer...

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I'm confused. Apart from policing, why would anyone have any reason for ours and Crawley's fixtures to dovetail? Seeing as we aren't in the same division, its not in aid of helping the fixtures computer...

Because a lot of Brighton fans live in Crawley and like to go to both?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

the Police are the most interested party, along with local transport. if its not a logisitcs thing with their input, why do we need to have a partner? Its not relevent to say Gillingham, Plymouth, Carlise or many other clubs, where there is little to no clash of police or transport resources.

pseudonym

Sep 22, 2011
Hell
Both play at home next week, fa cup for Crawley im guessing they won't change it

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Because a lot of Brighton fans live in Crawley and like to go to both?

Ok, perhaps in our case that makes sense. But I got the impression you were saying that its compulsory that you choose another club - "each club has to say which club they'd like to be paired with". So Carlisle, for example, would have to nominate someone, e.g. for the purposes of fixture arranging within the division or something. I get it now. I think.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Both play at home next week, fa cup for Crawley im guessing they won't change it

I think it would very rarely ever be a logistical problem, but by making it the general rule, I suppose you limit the chances of us playing Reading the same day they play Swindon, etc etc.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
True, but they would have to take the views of the police into account, as they need their co-operation to stage the games.

so a fixture computer does not exist then Edna? :shrug: i knew it

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Crawley are home when Charlton are away and visa-versa. I have a mate who is a season ticket holder at both for this very reason! :tosser:

Not sure about us. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here