When Brighton gave you the blues

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Personnly experienced (football only)

1 - Walking out of Wembly in 83 after losing the replay singing "We'll be back etc" whilst knowing that this was the end of an era and this team would not be seen again, and that Division 2 loomed (oooooh if only I'd known what was coming!)
2 - Darlington 96 (see everyone else) when I really thought we were dead, buried and beyond resurrection
3 - Losing at Kingstonian in the Cup in 94 (?) an absolutely shocking performance and absolutely shocking policing

and I would add Palace last year. Went to the funeral of one my friends in the morning and then confronted with that absolutely spineless non-effort in the afternoon. Fuckin awful day all round

god yeah, the 5-0 without a doubt. that was living hell. in fact, mr above me there, if i had gone to a funeral of a amate in the morning and then seen that, i would be sent on a horrible week-long search in to the neck of a whisky bottle!
aside from that, the 4-0 defeat at brentford when we were last in the second div - not cos of the game, which was laughably bad and a surprisingly good laugh, but the next day at work with two brentford fans. utter hell.
and lastly the end of the goldstone. horrible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports