Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wheelie Bin Cleaning

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I do my own:

Pour thin bleach around the sides, follow up after 5 minutes with kettle full of boiling water.
Run a bowl of hot water and empty into wheelie bin with some washing up liquid.
Take wheelie bin for a short walk thus stirring everything up.
Empty into drain.
Hose down wheelie bin and empty again.
Leave lid open to dry.

Job done.

But I am a tight *******.

This works a treat

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
How do they get skanky? If you put your waste in robust binbags, and make sure the lid of the bin is in place and keeps foxes and seagulls out, they should be intact when collected by the binpersons, hence, no skankiness ???

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I went to the Whitecross Street non-conformists festival for a while on Sunday up in Old Street. Whilst there i was followed down the road for a spell by two yellow robotic wheelie-bins. Twas a disturbing few moments. Sorry to say they said or beeped nothing about personal maintenance though.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
How do they get skanky? If you put your waste in robust binbags, and make sure the lid of the bin is in place and keeps foxes and seagulls out, they should be intact when collected by the binpersons, hence, no skankiness ???

& with the damp rotting grass, weed & rotten tomato waste bin?

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
:thumbsup:Thanks for all the excellent(?) advice. I have resolved it by going to B&Q this afternoon and purchased a new pressure washer, taking advantage of it being a Wednesday and making full use of my over 60's diamond discount card. The old washer was knackered anyway . Had lots of fun tonight and now have pristine wheelie bin! What's the score at Crawley?:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here