Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***WHC IX* Quarter final 3***

Hardest beast?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Tiger beat Orca RESOUNDINGLY in the previous round, so won't be unduly hampered by the salty watery conditions. Vote Tiger! :thumbsup:

The croc isn't confined to rivers, but swims out to sea to eat sharks. SHARKS!
This croc isn't the lazy layabout African version but a vicious, hard surviving beast.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Hmmm. I love the croc, but I fear I didn't do enough research on the tiger...

No animal bar a tiger can kill a powerful gaur
http://youtu.be/cMv9TtEjVRg

What weapons that a crunching jaw?
The Siberian tiger can hunt in pure silence
Has super powerful paws and a bone crunching jaw
Can run at 50mph and jump super high

The ultimate killing machine and the most feared rightfully :)
Finding the Siberian tiger hunt is rare due to only 400 left in the wild,so bengle tigers are most common in videos.
The Siberian tiger is huge..
Up to 13 foot long and weighing between 300/400 kg and is twice the size of a lion and a third more bigger than a Bengal...Pure power and untouchable.
Just an opinion of course :)

Love this Bengal in India
http://youtu.be/M4t0aeTX954

That's how you kill a buffalo super quick
Doubt our croc could kill something twice its weight in a flash.
http://youtu.be/etz9jx1zvz0

NSC, you cannot seriously be voting against the Tiger!? Seriously. The Croc is a worthy, tough opponent, there is no belittling his achievements or attributes, but come on, the TIGER IS IMMENSE!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
NSC, you cannot seriously be voting against the Tiger!? Seriously. The Croc is a worthy, tough opponent, there is no belittling his achievements or attributes, but come on, the TIGER IS IMMENSE!

Which tiger? Those quotes and clips are showing a Bengal tiger who isn't in the contest. You must stick to the criteria which is a Siberian tiger.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Which tiger? Those quotes and clips are showing a Bengal tiger who isn't in the contest. You must stick to the criteria which is a Siberian tiger.

The Siberian tiger is a very reclusive animal of which there isn't a huge amount of footage, and is a closely related subspecies of tiger with the Bengal. Therefore it is well within the spirit of the competition to consider an example of the Bengal in assessing the Siberian.

Similarly, there is far more coverage of the African Croc than the Salt Water which is why so many videos are posted which are not salt water. They are still valid for the same reasons above.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The Siberian tiger is a very reclusive animal of which there isn't a huge amount of footage, and is a closely related subspecies of tiger with the Bengal. Therefore it is well within the spirit of the competition to consider an example of the Bengal in assessing the Siberian.

Similarly, there is far more coverage of the African Croc than the Salt Water which is why so many videos are posted which are not salt water. They are still valid for the same reasons above.

Therefore the videos are invalid evidence. The salt water croc is one of the hardest creatures in SE Asia and Australia. It doesn't confine itself to rivers and land but swims out to sea to kill sharks. It can survive losing limbs, so being hard is not just who it can kill.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Therefore the videos are invalid evidence. The salt water croc is one of the hardest creatures in SE Asia and Australia. It doesn't confine itself to rivers and land but swims out to sea to kill sharks. It can survive losing limbs, so being hard is not just who it can kill.

They're circumstantial evidence, background information, helping to build a picture. Perfectly legitimate. Salt water croc is all that you say. But not as hard as the Siberian Tiger obviously.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I voted salty but find myself admiring the tiger. It's worthy of the final itself, and a magnificent contest - certainly compared to the ridiculous "cuddly bowl" going on over on the other thread.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I voted salty but find myself admiring the tiger. It's worthy of the final itself, and a magnificent contest - certainly compared to the ridiculous "cuddly bowl" going on over on the other thread.

Precisely. This should have been the final, not the semi-final.

Cats are only aggressive when hungry. Chuck a leg of beef to the tiger and you could then stroll past him/her nochalantly.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Indeed, there is no point rubbishing the other contestant in this tie, both are worthy champions in their own right, both undeniably hard. I'd like to see the SiberianTiger being given it's chance this year.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

Agree entirely.

EVERYONE knows what's going to happen over there, but this one is still very much up for grabs.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
If either of these nonentities comes up against the mighty Honey Badger they will be obliterated. This quarter final is just an irrelevance in comparison with the war going on in QF 4.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If either of these nonentities comes up against the mighty Honey Badger they will be obliterated. This quarter final is just an irrelevance in comparison with the war going on in QF 4.

The honey badger could cut off whatever it wanted on the croc but wouldn't defeat it. The croc can carry on regardless.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I should be home doing some work. Instead I'm having a pint and constantly checking the WHC threads on my phone. Go CROC!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here