***WHC IX* Quarter final 3***

Hardest beast?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
These tigers attack 600+kg brown beers FFS, pretty much twice their size on their own.

That would be like a Salt Water Croc going up against an elephant or hippo, rhino or something. They ain't going to be doing it...

That's not anything to do with pound for pound hardness, going after something that has every chance of killing you, that is hard.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
These tigers attack 600+kg brown beers FFS, pretty much twice their size on their own.

That would be like a Salt Water Croc going up against an elephant or hippo, rhino or something. They ain't going to be doing it...

That's not anything to do with pound for pound hardness, going after something that has every chance of killing you, that is hard.

Jesus, there is a video EXACTLY that happening on this very thread. Wake up FFS.

Stumpy Tim

Like this?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That's fair enough. It's difficult to have an interesting debate on size:

'Animal A is bigger.'

'Yes.'

Exactly. I just feel that if some people had their way, this competition would basically be Top Trumps. Which we can all agree would get very boring very quickly.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
This one will be close. A Jaguar would have done the Croc but the Tiger is not so hard!

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Jesus, there is a video EXACTLY that happening on this very thread. Wake up FFS.

What, the crocodile that accidentally bites a trunk because he mistakes it for something else and gets hoisted out of the water like a rag toy....that one!? :shrug:

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Like this?

Ha ha, yeah like I said, Croc bites trunk by mistake, gets tossed about and owned by the elephant and the supposed hardest bite in the world lets go pretty quickly not to be seen for some time as he slopes off before anyone can take the piss out of him.

Stumpy Tim

Ha ha, yeah like I said, Croc bites trunk by mistake, gets tossed about and owned by the elephant and the supposed hardest bite in the world lets go pretty quickly not to be seen for some time as he slopes off before anyone can take the piss out of him.

He doesn't accidentally bite the trunk. He has a go at the biggest land animal in the world because he doesn't give a sh*t. He's SOLID

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What, the crocodile that accidentally bites a trunk because he mistakes it for something else and gets hoisted out of the water like a rag toy....that one!? :shrug:

I think you'll find the croc is having a pop at something 50 times heavier than itself. Obviously doesn't win here, but hardly counts against it in the HARDNESS stakes does it?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
300,000,000. Years.
Some of you seem to confuse greatness with simply reaching the end of your evolutionary line. The croc is simply incapable of having offspring that are better at surviving in it's environment than it is. That's not a sign of greatness.

That's not to say I don't think the croc doesn't deserve to win, I'm just saying it's lack of evolution isn't a great reason.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

"Hardest bite in the World" so OBVIOUSLY the Croc bites off the end of the VEGETARIAN Elephant's trunk, like a hot knife through butter?

Right?

Right? :dunce:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Some of you seem to confuse greatness with simply reaching the end of your evolutionary line. The croc simply can't have children that are better at surviving in it's environment than it is. That's not a sign of greatness.
Er, I think you'll find it is.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Er, I think you'll find it is.

How? It's not a decision, is it? A decision to fight against all odds is hard. A decision to be aggressive towards a monster that towers over you? Hard.

EXISTING isn't hard.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think you'll find the croc is having a pop at something 50 times heavier than itself. Obviously doesn't win here, but hardly counts against it in the HARDNESS stakes does it?

The best it can hope for is that it grabs a baby. A salt water croc is about 1300kg, an elephant up to about 10 years old won't weigh anymore than that, and anything under 5 years will be a lot less.

African bush elephant goes to about 5000kg so you are grossly exaggerating your sizes in this one.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Exactly. I just feel that if some people had their way, this competition would basically be Top Trumps. Which we can all agree would get very boring very quickly.

For some/most beasts it is like top trumps. It has strengths in some areas and weaknesses in others. For other beasts it doesn't matter because they're big scorers on all aspects. The croc for example...:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here