[Albion] what's your moments of the season

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Well we have 2 strong shouts for goal of the season and save of the season but I actually loved the Zaha wind up by Schelotto, it made the result less hard to take and he will always have my thanks for this wonderful effort.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
For me it was Maupay's winner against Arsenal at home. I was listening on the radio and, deep into injury time, I turned it off to go and do something or other. Later on, I was doing the washing up and the person on the radio started talking about us winning. So, for me, that was the moment of the season, taking off my marigolds to frantically check my phone and, to my delight, seeing that we'd snatched it at the death. Cue great celebrations alone in my kitchen among the pots and pans.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Yes! The pantomime moment of Schelotto getting the crowd going was incredible, I even quite enjoyed Wilf having the audacity to goad the North Stand. Top entertainment, thank god he missed the open goal at the end or it would have made defeat harder to take.

Think all the moments have been mentioned. It's been more of a transitional season than a memorable one to be honest.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Taking my son and daughter to the Norwich home game - their first visit to the AMEX

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Stuffing Spurs, I was watching at the club on Kayo with 2 staunch Spurs supporters, brilliant.
Then Ryan's save against Stains.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Has to be stuffing Spurs. My office is in Tottenham, so walking into to work the following Monday was possibly my best day in the office ever.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Spurs at home. Also 2 other games we didnt win but were outstanding for 70/80mins Crystal Palace and Liverpool

thedeadone

Jan 17, 2005
West Sussex
1.AJ'S Overhead kick
2.Maupeys Winner v arsenal I didn't cheer as I was laughing so hard.
3.Being shocked how good Lamptey was!!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
1. Maupay's winner against Arsenal at home. So many reasons. First game back and until this game I didn't think I was bothered about football coming back, this match brought all the old feelings back though! Couldn't believe it went in, sublime goal and at that point I was more than happy with a point so to get the win was incredible. I remember it going through my head as it went in that we were going to be safe. Genuine unbridled joy and also going mental celebrating it with my 2 young boys in my living room who don't go to matches yet so therefore I don't usually get those moments with them was really special;

That was a clear number 1 for me, to complete a top 5 though:

2. Connolly's second against Spurs. Just an incredible moment. An outstanding goal topping off a brilliant performance and it really felt like we had a big talent on our hands;
3. Ali J's goal against Bournemouth - for obvious reasons;
4. Ali J's goal against Chelsea - for obvious reasons!;
5. Maupay's finish after the Dunk pass for the third goal against Watford on the opening day to make it 3.0. Great goal topping off an outstanding performance and so exciting for the future under Potter.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
My Wife reckons I've never screamed or celebrated so much as the goal against Saints recently. 0:1 up in a game we needed a point from but expected to loose.
Watford away and 0:3 but it seems so long ago.
Double over Arsenal.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Stuffing Spurs at home.
Double over Arsenal.
Great performance at Anfield.
Completely out-playing Palace at Selhurst - a performance that typified the season i.e. a lower points tally than the performances deserved.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
All the big bits have been mentioned, therehave been lots of little glimpses of exciting potential as well. Touches, passes, and passages of play.

The moment is now, We have survived a huge transition Another difficult season, and Whilst we're not numerically any 'better' we're in a far better position, staistically and mentally and improving, as opposed to what appeared to be a slow deterioration last spring.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports