Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whats Your Biggest Mistake?

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Ok - very few of us would pretend to be perfect. But what is the biggest, most ghastly, horrendous mistake that you have made in your life? And what did it cost you? Your wife and family? your house, business or live savings? there must be a few of us out there with personal disaster stories to tell....

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Ok - very few of us would pretend to be perfect. But what is the biggest, most ghastly, horrendous mistake that you have made in your life? And what did it cost you? Your wife and family? your house, business or live savings? there must be a few of us out there with personal disaster stories to tell....

Trusting my last business partner nearly cost me all of the above plus my health and having to move to Ireland to start again.

He may be sitting pretty with his BMW and nice house in Patcham but I will catch up with him when he leasts expects it.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I went into business with someone I thought was a good friend. He systemically plundered the bank account, splurging our cash on expensive prostitutes, covering up evidence of what he'd done and leaving several bills unpaid. It took me ages to disentangle things, had to pay a fortune to accountants and lawyers and it never really recovered, within a year, the business went bust.

Made me wary of going into business with anyone after that.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Got married. 18 years ago today.

Not really, I guess I loved her at the time!

Possibly my biggest mistake (regret) was leaving the RAF early. Many a time I wish I'd stayed in.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Deciding at a young age that I was going to be an Albion Fan. Years of pain and suffering have followed. Not to mention the consent abuse from friends and family about have rubbish we are.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I really should have nailed Amy Harris when I had the chance. She was f***ing lovely, and gagging for it.

But apart from that, I did the wrong university course. It was shite and I was demotivated.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I did a lot of stuff on the advice of my parents - including a marriage and university...and yes both turned out to be mistakes....I don't blame my parents in the slightest as they advised me as to what they thought was the best for me, I've learned a lot from it and some good things happened as a result of the bad.....no regrets, just what if's...

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
After a heavy weekend on a train home I did a shit and followed through, the train was rammed and there were lots of looks and glances, that was the longest 3 hours of my life.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
When I bought my flat the one above (also for sale) was way out of my budget - undecorated but big.

My neighbour came along and put in a stupidly low offer, laughable - possibly £50,000 less than it was worth to the next punter who turned up and £60,000 grand less than the asking price.

The bloke selling was desperate and agreed.

This was 6 years ago and the bloke upstairs made a killing when he sold it recently.

My mistake was that I knew the bloke was desperate to sell (the estate agent told me so), but I wouldn't have believed he would have accepted such a ridiculously low offer.

I would have been able to afford what he paid for it.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I've led a pretty charmed life really.

Only real regret was leaving a job I was reasonably happy and secure in 3 years ago for what seemed to be a great career opportunity. It turned out to be a total disaster and I moved on after 6 months, then after a year, and now, again, not at all happy, and looking to move on again.

Classic case of the grass isn’t always greener on the other side. Advice; if you are considering that all important career defining move, really, really, really check out the company you are going to, make sure they are not complete and utter shit.

scooter1

How soon is now?
When I bought my flat the one above (also for sale) was way out of my budget - undecorated but big.

My neighbour came along and put in a stupidly low offer, laughable - possibly £50,000 less than it was worth to the next punter who turned up and £60,000 grand less than the asking price.

The bloke selling was desperate and agreed.

This was 6 years ago and the bloke upstairs made a killing when he sold it recently.

My mistake was that I knew the bloke was desperate to sell (the estate agent told me so), but I wouldn't have believed he would have accepted such a ridiculously low offer.

I would have been able to afford what he paid for it.

Similar story really, should have bought the flat next door to the one I lived in(1993), the asking price was £18,000(you can't even get a f***ing lock-up garage in Brighton for much these days). The rent on one of the flats would have covered both mortgages. For what they are going for now, i'd only have had to do that a few times and i'd quite easily be sitting on a million quids worth of property.

That and moving in with an ex-girlfriend who turned out to be a nightmare, still she sodded off and left me with the house which I turned a small fortune on a few years later - so I guess it was worth it in the end...

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I don't tend to regret things that much but I've had nothing that bad I suppose. worst would be getting my ex pregnant but the termination was no where near as bad for me as it was for her.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here