Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's with this 'Thumbs up!' or 'Thumbs down!' nonsense?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Thank God for the " Ignore " button I say.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As explained above, you can turn on the notifications for the thumbs to make it less intrusive.

After the New Year I will run a poll so people can vote on:

- no thumbs
- positive thumbs only
- positive and negative thumbs (as now)

(Another new feature is that if someone is on your ignore list, you now won't see them if someone else quotes them.)

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
As explained above, you can turn on the notifications for the thumbs to make it less intrusive.

After the New Year I will run a poll so people can vote on:

- no thumbs
- positive thumbs only
- positive and negative thumbs (as now)

(Another new feature is that if someone is on your ignore list, you now won't see them if someone else quotes them.)

After the New Year will be 2015 ???

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I will no doubt be given grief for this, or be accused of being a Bozza-licker whatever that may be, but as far as I am concerned, [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] can do what the hell he likes with this site, adding or removing whatever features he likes. He does a great job of running this place, and I for one am always grateful for it.

If you don't like certain things, don't use them. Simples.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I will no doubt be given grief for this, or be accused of being a Bozza-licker whatever that may be, but as far as I am concerned, [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] can do what the hell he likes with this site, adding or removing whatever features he likes. He does a great job of running this place, and I for one am always grateful for it.

If you don't like certain things, don't use them. Simples.

That's very kind - however I'm happy to go with the consensus with most added features. If people think they detract from the site, I'm happy to bin them (or not add them in the first place).

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
It was fun when you could see how many thumbs up/down users had had in total, can we get that back?

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
If we are having a thumbs up and a thumbs down option can we also have a "who gives a damn" option?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
On a more constructive note I don't really see the point of it for this site. We have a poll function.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
On a more constructive note I don't really see the point of it for this site. We have a poll function.

You can't have a poll over every reply.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Some people take them too seriously dougdeepsleep has just taken the trouble to hunt around for my last post over a week ago, just to give me a thumbs down.
I like them, let them stay just for shits and giggles !

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Some people take them too seriously dougdeepsleep has just taken the trouble to hunt around for my last post over a week ago, just to give me a thumbs down.
I like them, let them stay just for shits and giggles !

Thanks for looking me up after your short absence from the site. Oh. you've given me 4, no 5 thumbs down already. I am so honoured.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Not hard to look you up old chap, you're on here all the live long day.

Yes I'm a cripple. Perhaps you'd like to make fun of that too. And please stop sending me PM's, I keep telling you that I'm straight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here