Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Too expensive - wants too much money?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Did he do well for us? He was OK but rarely if ever put in a match winning performance. Semed a bit peripheral most of the time. Gus has brought better, younger cheaper options in.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I'm sure Poyet mentioned towards the end of last season that we would like him, but wages may be an issue. Perhaps he isn't willing to accept what the club are willing to offer.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
with a shortage of midfielders, you would have thought he would have been contacted

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
with a shortage of midfielders, you would have thought he would have been contacted

He might have been but was unwilling to lower his wages? Maybe he is not needed anymore not exactly defensive (which we lack) is he

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
didnt he say in interview something about a perception of multiple interested clubs has killed off a deal here and at Aberdeen? i'd infer from that his agent tries to talk up the interest level, fannies around and the clubs get bored. assuming he accepts a wage in keeping with the rest of the squad, i think any club at our level could use him.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
IMO Hendrie is good example ,that many players have just not understood ,that money for the majority of clubs is very tight,and can only get more so,until wage demands become more realistic.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
quite happy with Sparrow, Kishisev, Bennet, Navarro when fit, Dicker, Caskey. Smith, 2 Argentinians, new left winger and holding midfielder to cover Nav......thought Hendrie was a bit lightweight for this division.

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton

but he's more of an attacking midfielder & we need a defensive one. dicker, sparrow & kishishev can all do the same sort of job. we need an out & out left winger (hopefully lua lua) & a defensive midfielder as cover for navarro (maybe camacho). hendrie is far too expensive for a player that may well sit on the bench for a large amount of the season.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Lee Hendrie was the darling of Aston Villa...but now he has to phone his mates for a kickabout | Mail Online

"'I went to Brighton (at the end of last season) to get my face back out there. Gus Poyet was brilliant. He got the lads together in a circle and said, "******* hell, we've got Lee Hendrie here". Let me tell you, after feeling so unwanted I suddenly felt 10 feet tall.

'Any interest has fizzled out there because of other offer s I was supposed to have been receiving. The same with Aberdeen (this summer)."

Saw that yesterday. Suggests to me he's holding out for better money and dicking clubs around a bit, something we know Poyet doesn't like. Nobody wants to pay him silly money, so he's shot himself in the foot.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Sounds like he's another professional that would rather earn nothing than something less than he wants. Frankly no great loss, never that impressed with him.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Good enough to do a job in the squad, but not worth paying what he'd expect. No-one will pay him what he feels he's worth, and though decent he won't command a top wage from anyone. Clubs aren't going to change their view with lots of other average players out there wanting to play..... ball in his court I'd say!

paulclark

Sep 7, 2008
[who are they then mr gillingham
another great useless comment stick to cricket

tQUOTE=TRHK;3664699]Did he do well for us? He was OK but rarely if ever put in a match winning performance. Semed a bit peripheral most of the time. Gus has brought better, younger cheaper options in.[/QUOTE]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here