Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whats the swanny like for a drink before the footy?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
whats the issue with using the footbridge?
Nimbys dont want you walking on a public highway to get to the ground...... so the stewards try to dissuade you...... you are asked to walk back across the road bridge instead of the nice safe traffic free route past the pond etc.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
HobGoblin.jpg
No it isn't. I'm very fussy about my lager.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Only went once last season around November - I felt a bit out of it? No problem with the beer, but I felt a bit like the only English bloke in a Welsh pub. That happened once when everyone stared at me and my mate and spoke native.It seemed a bit clique. (is that the right spelling?) I will go again but next time with some mates.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Just remembered, one of the 'Nazi' stewards tried to stop me going across the bridge - I pretended I was Welsh and could not understand him!

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Nimbys dont want you walking on a public highway to get to the ground...... so the stewards try to dissuade you...... you are asked to walk back across the road bridge instead of the nice safe traffic free route past the pond etc.

So a footbridge built to link the North and South of the village can't be used by people walking to the ground, but locals can use it as they don't go to the ground. Bizarre!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Ok everyone, you are all being misled here.

The staff are really suspicious of non- Falmerites and will charge you extra for being 'outside of the village influence'.

The food is OK if you like fox, badger or horse burgers.

The intimidation you face if trying to use the footbridge is enough to make you use 'the magical roundabout'. Now that is f**king scary!

Overall I reccomend the Amex concourse or Brighton town centre for a pre match tipple.

The staff are really suspicious of non- Falmerites and will charge you extra for being 'outside of the village influence'.

The intimidation you face if trying to use the footbridge is enough to make you use 'the magical roundabout'. Now that is f**king scary!

Overall I reccomend the Amex concourse or Brighton town centre for a pre match tipple.

This is a local pub for local people now f*** off... hahaha going there to piss off the local eat there cattle and drink them dry!!

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
This is a cracking pub, used it since the sussex senior cup last year. with regards to the footbridge I have see two of the locals go over and argue with the stewards to allow the Brighton fans over. Martin the owner is a cracking guy and welcomes fans. Heis looking to have real ale from micro brewerys and has two german largers. At the end of last season I had free beers from the landlord and two of the locals. They are very freindly but do have six fingers and play the banjo. I was a joking about the banjo

I'll get my coat

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Nice change from the grey concrete claustrophobic concourse. Bit cliquey so I end up having the Mrs rabbit to me for an hour but worth it for the (outdoor) grub. Aways are welcome so that can be entertaining. A nice boozer but then it's competing with nothing ... miss having the variety of boozers that a city centre ground offers

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
So a footbridge built to link the North and South of the village can't be used by people walking to the ground, but locals can use it as they don't go to the ground. Bizarre!

They can't stop you from using it, only ask you not to.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull

Actually Martin and the lads are top guys as I played in their golf society weekend in Bmuth last year. Albion boys through and through.....apart from Dazza who is a bit mixed up sometimes about his allegencies

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here