Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] What's the scariest / most disturbing film, you've ever seen?

Capricorn

Aug 14, 2010
Perth, Australia
Oh come on, you and the other posters who have watched it must have known what it was about, so dont watch it and then play the shocked, wish you hadn't card.

One look at the Wiki write up on it and I knew it wasn't a film I needed to see as I have no need to satisfy any perverted, voyeuristic, curiosity.

Fair point. While not an excuse because I tend to agree with what you've said here but I didn't actually know the -extent- of the disgusting nature of the themes and scenes in the movie. I tend not to look up the content of a movie before I watch it. All I really knew going into it was that it was supposedly one of the most controversial films made. That was enough to perk my curiosity - which as you suggest I probably should have avoided or reasoned out and actually found out what the content of the film entailed. I reserve the right to be shocked and wish I hadn't watched it though.

gen

Banned
Aug 23, 2015
The original "The Wicker Man". (1973) Not necessarily scary but disturbing in an open mouthed can't quite believe what I'm watching kind of way which was how I felt the first time I watched it. A kind of horror come musical complete with a transvestite Christopher Lee and also a topless Britt Ekland and who can forget the gyrating naked from behind Britt Ekland body double.

A body double was secretly used for the naked rear shots and were filmed after Britt Ekland had left the set. The body double was used because Ekland would only agree to topless shots of her body. After shooting was over Ekland furious to learn she had been doubled in some shots. Director Robin Hardy says Ekland herself did not want her bottom to be filmed, as she did not like it.

Here's a taster:
http://nudetvshow.com/britt-eklands-naked-dance-in-cult-film-the-wicker-man-1973/

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
this might resonate with people of a certain age,but the Hammer House of Horror "the house that bead to death" still gives me the creeps when i look at anything plumbing..........i cant understand why my parents let me watch that episode

foul old ron

I'll decide, thank you.
Feb 26, 2009
Round the back, by the bins.
As an adult I don't find horror films scary except for the first time I watched the first Paranormal Activity. The sequels are rubbish but the first one got me. I think it's the amount of time you spend looking at a scene where nothing happens and then all of a sudden something quick and creepy happens.
Same for me. All my mates who have watched it think I am a wimp but it really got me. Scared of the dark for days after.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here