Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the reason for your username?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I have had three in my time here: Pit bull, a cricketer pal coined that when one game I was particularly aggressive towards the opposing batsmen...and all snarly and petulant!
Then dave the gaffer, named by lady Bracknell when I used to run the REMF football team in the early days.
Finally granny weatherwax, a cantankerous old witch in the discworld books by terry pratchett. Seemed to fit nicely.
If tomorrow's announcement at work goes bad it could be changed to "lookingforajobatmyage" :(

You missed out Dies Irae.

Good luck for tomorrow.

I have many nicknames. Baz, Basil, Barrel, Bazza and so on. Barrel of Fun stuck (if you can believe this) as I was generally the life and soul of my friendly get togethers.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Mine is an enormous lie. It should be DavidjustoutsideSouthampton..... but I thought that was too long. I'd also used DavidinSouthampton elsewhere, and it "says what it is in the tin".

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I'm a dickhead.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
When I first signed up as an unimaginative teenager, I just couldn't think of anything. So I basically copied my Fathers username on here and thought of the best game of football I had seen which had seven goals!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
When I first signed up as an unimaginative teenager, I just couldn't think of anything. So I basically copied my Fathers username on here and thought of the best game of football I had seen which had seven goals!

Zamora hat-trick, including a 93rd minute headed winner at the East End.

If I remember rightly.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
You missed out Dies Irae.

Good luck for tomorrow.

I have many nicknames. Baz, Basil, Barrel, Bazza and so on. Barrel of Fun stuck (if you can believe this) as I was generally the life and soul of my friendly get togethers.

Yes day of anger..lol

Thanks btw. There is a globalisation project which translates as " sacking everyone and moving it to India as it's cheaper" looks like I may be one of them to get the bullet after 14 years. Hopefully come out of it with a decent payout.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Many years ago, on a previous occasion when everyone was working themselves in to a lather about getting rid of the manager, I would make the odd contribution to Gulls Eye under the pseudonym Barry Mustgoe

By the time I signed up here, he had, so I was Barry Hazgon.

Then he came back as chief scout and Lord Bozza of NSC allowed me to change to the present.

I won't tempt fate by changing again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here