Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the 'new' Sportsman like?

porkdog

May 9, 2008
by the sea
I went there before the Southend game and had a £3.50 carvery which was well worth the money considering if costs 5.50 for burger and chips in the ground.
I wasnt to sure about the beer prices, every time i went up it changed. first round, 2 pints, and half a coke £6.72. next round two pints £5, next 2 pints £5.37, then the next 2 £5.50. all exactly the same drinks but the prices always changed. surely they cant fluctuate that much?
other than that not much to moan about, bar staff are all new and more of them. bar has got smaller as they now have the carvery around the corner and only the one bar area which was busy but didnt have to wait any longer then you had to as there is more staff. i'd mark it 7/10, you do have to get there early to get a seat, all in all worth a try

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Nice new bar maid !! thats about it ! the only reason I still drink in there !

I've told you to try the Station again - just pick a day its not hammering down next time :drink:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
First time I have been in there in a long time on Saturday and I thought it seemed pretty dead, it used to be packed out the door, perhaps whilst it has being refurbed, people started drinking elsewhere and decided not to go back?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here