Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the most NAMBY PAMBY reason you've heard for a game to be called off?

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
I was at a Whitehawk game on a Tuesday night, and the ref wouldn't let it go ahead because the lines were a bit rinsed out, and couldn't be seen under the floodlighting :cool:

N E Others ???

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Surely not being able to see the pitch markings is a fairly valid issue when playing/watching/refereeing a football match?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Didn't a game at Sunderland or Middlesbrough get called off because "the roads around the ground were a bit icy."

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Blackburn called a game off once because a lot of their players had the sniffles.

The FA docked them -3 points. If they'd just played the game (and lost, thus getting 0 points), they'd have stayed up that season. I THINK this is right, but I can't be bothered to check.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Dirty Diana's car crash ............ they cancelled Lewes & District Sunday league football .......FFS (and Liverpool v Newcastle on the tele in the afternoon)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Blackburn called a game off once because a lot of their players had the sniffles.

The FA docked them -3 points. If they'd just played the game (and lost, thus getting 0 points), they'd have stayed up that season. I THINK this is right, but I can't be bothered to check.

Middlesbrough, shurely.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
We cancelled a game at Withdean because it was cold the day before the game, when there was a forecast of +10 by kick off, which it was...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here