Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whats the most money you have spent on sports equipment

Nov 20, 2003
hove
Was in the Newbury shop this week looking for a new bat for Jr Zimba turns out they sell one for a grand ,thats a lot of dough for one bat ,most ive spent is £100 for some preditors about ten years ago . The guy in the shop that they sell quite a lot of the bats and one guy bought two only last week,just wondered how much you guys have spent on a single sports item.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
£120 on a (ten-pin) bowling ball

Nov 20, 2003
hove
Forgot about austin reeds good clobber from their , had a nice cashmere from touche in dukes lane .loads of 501s from shop that was on tk max site forgot name of shop though .

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Probably £99.99 on a pair of Predators

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
If you want an expensive sport, try diving.
The most I spent on a single item was probably £350 on a dry suit and that was second hand. When jumping in, I had over a grands worth of kit on (or clipped to ) me and I was the most cheaply equipped one on the boat.
I know people that have spent £4000 on a rebreather.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I have never understood ANYONE paying over £50 for a pair of FOOTBALL BOOTS.

They literally have NO influence on your ability when playing on a wet meddy pitch on a sunday morning. It's amazing the amount of people that buy these shitty plasticy boots.

Things like golf clubs and tennis rackets I understand. But boots, NO WAY.

If my boots fit (which for size 13/14 is a luxury) and are PROPER material and wont blister my feet to shreds, I'll get them.

I got a pair of the most BORING looking Nike boots from Swift Sports for £40. I've now had them for two seasons and they have been brilliant. I can actually walk on a Monday morning now.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My snowboard I guess. I have a Burton Custom.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Either my golf gear, or my motorbike safety gear (if that counts)

Golf stuff worth about 1300 all in.

Spent closer to 2k on motorbike safety stuff (though prob not strictly a sport)

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
I have never understood ANYONE paying over £50 for a pair of FOOTBALL BOOTS.

They literally have NO influence on your ability when playing on a wet meddy pitch on a sunday morning. It's amazing the amount of people that buy these shitty plasticy boots.

Things like golf clubs and tennis rackets I understand. But boots, NO WAY.

If my boots fit (which for size 13/14 is a luxury) and are PROPER material and wont blister my feet to shreds, I'll get them.

I got a pair of the most BORING looking Nike boots from Swift Sports for £40. I've now had them for two seasons and they have been brilliant. I can actually walk on a Monday morning now.

Try telling me that when I was 13/14. They use to say the boots would make you faster, give you better ball control and balance etc. At the time I thought I was going to be bossing the sunday league like Ronaldo...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here