Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whats the most bananas you've gone for any SINGLE Albion goal?

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Reinelt for me although the next 20 minutes or so was agonising. Knights winner was pretty joyous and would come second. Strangely the two Cup Final goals seemed to be a bit of a blur. However my third place one was Case's winner at Anfield in the 5th round in 83.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
McShane in the 79th was complete carnage.

For me on a personal level I can only see it being trumped by a goal that sends us up to the Prem.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Great shout [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] Byrne at Anfield was mental. Brilliant moment.

I'll add Bridcutt's 94th minute volley to beat Carlisle 4-3 ("Its the stuff of dreams...")

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Bobby Zamoras goal against Bristol the stadium went a bit nuts.

Generally away day celebrations beat anything at a home game. However Lopezs free kick against Palace I lost my shit also Buckleys winner against Donny Plus any last minute winner. The Penalty away at Fulham this season for instance I ended up 5 rows backwards.

Most Important and memorable goals arent scored at a time when you can really lose your shit.

More recently, Bobby's 89th minute winner at Leeds. We knew he was really back, then.

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
Case against Norwich '83 quarter final was pretty mental. My feet didn't touch the floor as I was swept up & down the north stand terrace.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Good thread. What ingredients are required to go wild at a goal?

- ideally an away terrace
- the goal at the away end
- the later the better
- importance of occasion and effect on the result
- a goal mouth scramble or a close range header in front of the away terrace
- the players approaching the away end en masse to join in the celebration

I think most of the obvious ones have been covered so I'll throw a few more obscure choices into the mix.

Bobby Zamora header away at Torquay from an inviting centre from Freeman.

A Kerry Mayo header away at Macclesfield on a Sunday afternoon to salvage a point in injury time.

I also remember going wild to a rare Kevin McCarrigle goal on the away terrace at Wycombe. We were on a bad run and that goal put us 2-0 up.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Another vote for Byrne's equaliser at Anfield. Although I was young at the time, I celebrated so wildly that for a moment I thought I was going to die.

Also, Terry Connor's goal against Liverpool in the cup. Another huge celebration in the north stand!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Easy. Palace 0-1 Brighton

McShane 79.

What a brilliant night that was.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
For me the contenders would be;
Virgo v Swindon
McShane v Palace
Buckley v Donny
Spanish Dave v Palace

Think it has to be McShane's for sheer unbridled mentalness.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Buckley vs Donny we went so mental on the front row of WSU that we thought we may tip over it. You know that feeling when your heart is still pounding through your shirt 15 minutes later.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Either Reinelt at Hereford or Storer the week before. I still get a shudder down my spine when I think about them. Steve Gritt :bowdown:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Jimmy case...FA cup semi final....went totally mental and ended up down the front of the clock

Garry stevens' goal in the cup final

Zamora a couple of weeks ago at home.

Reinalt at Hereford

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Good thread. What ingredients are required to go wild at a goal?

- ideally an away terrace
- the goal at the away end
- the later the better
- importance of occasion and effect on the result
- a goal mouth scramble or a close range header in front of the away terrace
- the players approaching the away end en masse to join in the celebration

A goal that meets all these criteria was Zamora's winner away at Posh at the end of the 2001/2 season
- Bobby wasn't expected to play but did at the last minute.
- He missed an early penalty
- it got is promoted (although that was confirmed the next day when Reading failed to win)

and it was on that fantastic away terrace at London Road. Everyone went absolutely mental when it went in - like a dam bursting. A friend of mine in the home end said he'd never seen a set of fans "overreact" so much to a goal being scored!

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Al...

Reinelt - by a distance. Though not a goal, went even more bananas at the final whistle.
Buckley v Donny
Bennett v Walsall (won the 3rd division)
Nelson at Brentford

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here